Insert a photo on my profile

bluebail10

Mike B. - 2010-02-21 6:03 PM

At the top right of the page there is a little box which say Welcome Bluebail 10. Click Control Panel in here and it brings up your profile. Scroll down to bottom and it sayy upload photo to profile-click on this to browse then upload

Good luck

Mike

Hey Mike, I know it is not my 'thread' but I have tried all that stuff and still no success!!

I hope Bluebail10 has more success!!

Bob Elswood - 2010-02-21 6:08 PM

At the top right of the page there is a little box which say Welcome Bluebail 10. Click Control Panel in here and it brings up your profile. Scroll down to bottom and it sayy upload photo to profile-click on this to browse then upload

Good luck

Mike

Hey Mike, I know it is not my 'thread' but I have tried all that stuff and still no success!!

Hi Bob

It worked for me!!

Did you scroll right down to the very bottom where it says upload photo etc? There is a section called 'IMAGES' which worked fine a few seconds ago when I tried it again!

You can upload a few pics here and pick which you want for your profile

Good luck again!!

Mike

Mike B. - 2010-02-21 6:15 PM

Bob Elswood - 2010-02-21 6:08 PM

Good luck

Mike

Hi Bob

It worked for me!!

Did you scroll right down to the very bottom where it says upload photo etc? There is a section called 'IMAGES' which worked fine a few seconds ago when I tried it again!

You can upload a few pics here and pick which you want for your profile

Good luck again!!

Mike

Nope!! I've tried all that and still no success. Thanks for your help Mike. It's not the 'end of the world' but it is annoying nevertheless!!!

Maybe Fiat can sort it out for me !!!!!! (lol)

J9withdogs - 2010-02-21 7:23 PM

Believe it or not, size does matter!

Check that your pictures are less than 100kb.

Well that's a first then !!

Have tried uploading pics that were taken from my mobile (2 meg camera) and still no luck !!

I have even tried uploading from a different browser ( mozzilla firefox ) and still no joy.

Must be something to do with the cider down here I think !! (lol)

Right-try this!!

Save a copy of your piccy on desk top. Open it with Microsoft Picture Manager. When open click on 'Picture' on top left. scroll down to 'resize' Box will open on right. go to blank box and click arrow. resize to 'web small' Highlight websmall then click 'ok' close editor and then 'save' new size. It is now uploadable! go back to Control panel. scoll right down to bottom then 'Images' then choose either picture or profile, then 'browse' then find the saved piccy on desktop, click on that then on Images click go (It will show the route to your pic in the box.

after a few seconds the image will appear in your control panel box and consequently on your profile..............Hopefully

Good luck again

Mike

IF this fails-PM me and I'll talk you through it on the phone!!!

Mike B. - 2010-02-21 7:48 PM

Right-try this!!

Save a copy of your piccy on desk top. Open it with Microsoft Picture Manager. When open click on 'Picture' on top left. scroll down to 'resize' Box will open on right. go to blank box and click arrow. resize to 'web small' Highlight websmall then click 'ok' close editor and then 'save' new size. It is now uploadable! go back to Control panel. scoll right down to bottom then 'Images' then choose either picture or profile, then 'browse' then find the saved piccy on desktop, click on that then on Images click go (It will show the route to your pic in the box.

after a few seconds the image will appear in your control panel box and consequently on your profile..............Hopefully

Good luck again

Mike

IF this fails-PM me and I'll talk you through it on the phone!!!

Bl**dy *ell Mike !!

I'll get back to you in about a week !! (lol)

Thanks, I will give it a try a bit later when have taken me degree in computer science! ;-)

Extract from the link that Janine put on:

Photo URL/Profile Image URL: These can be used in conjunction with the 'Upload Photo/Profile Image' options (see below for more information). They will display a picture beneath your username on your posts and in your profile respectively. You can use the aforementioned upload feature, or type in the address of a picture you have already placed on the internet (eg www.domainname.com/images/imagename.jpg). Please note that images will be resized to fit in the space allocated for them (a maximum of 100 pixels wide for profile images). Please keep file sizes small, and make sure that the images themselves are not offensive or unsuitable - anything deemed as such will be removed and may result in the offending user account being terminated.

Bob - Your picture is more than likely way too big and that's why you can't upload it, the 'avatar' picture has to be no more than 100 pixels wide which is pretty small, whereas a picture for inclusion on a thread, ie the tick box saying 'Attach a file after posting' allows pictures up to 100 KB. As your phone camera is 2 GB that is absolutely massive and way too big for this so you'll have to use some method to resize it.

What photo packages/software do you have on your pc?

Archived