truma water heaters

mad mac

I'm afraid it might mean that the element is on it's way out Mac.

In the manual for our 03/04 model it says "N.B. The water temperature is not adjustable using the mains heating element. The temperature is set at 70°C."

Temperature for gas heating can be varied between 30° and 70°C.

Graham

Mandy&Andy - 2010-02-24 11:32 AM

Ours only works on Gas, I hear loads that say it their's works on both but I am guessing they are all different.

Or have we got it wrong and we can run on either :-S

Mandy

Mandy - Our model only works on gas as well.

From memory I think there's possibly an "e" in the model number if it can be operated on mains electricity as well as gas, eg "Truma 6" can't but the "Truma 6e" can............

Excellent!

Any idea what the problem was?

Also any idea why mad mac is only shown as "5 posts" against his details in all his posts??. Just noticed this - assumed post details were cumulative.

Silly point maybe - but am I missing something?

Good news Mac

We use ours a lot as we pay inclusive on a seasonal pitch but we did find in very cold weather that if we used the electric fire as well, when the water heater clicked in it could sometimes flip the trip if we had TV, lights etc on as well. So when it is very cold we tend to use the gas water heater and then only when we need it.

Funny how things play up. We had a couple of weekends a year or so back where the electric fire in our c'van would not work. OK because we just used gas but not ideal as the electric comes with the site fee. Turned out our Wyoming has a kind of "climate control" - put the fan selector on "A" and it varies the fan speed to try to keep the temperature constant. Does not work that well and the fan speed varying all the time is a pain so we hardly ever use it.

The sensor for this is near floor level by the bed. The connection to this was dirty and it shut the whole thing down. Luckily our local mobile caravan service guy was around and he knew exactly what is was and sorted out in about 30 seconds all for just a cuppa!

But I always tend to fear the worst and picture huge bills. When in reality it is usually something simple but not that obvious. Hence my recommendation to check out the help lines etc before committing to a workshop.

Yes, I can only think it had something to do with the leaky tap. Once that was fixed and the water tank filled up it worked a treat. I suppose I shouldn't moan, 'cos when I am sitting in the van I always think how lucky I am just to have one.

Archived