Mel B

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi ya

im interested!! :-D

been followin your thread

enjoy your new van >:-(

would have been in peteboro but the missus says no way (lol)

only cos if we wld hav been there i wld av bought a van(no question) and i hav to wait 3yrs (!) (!) (!)

so i have to go to skipton beer festival instead!! yipee RESULT

this josie gibblebucket sounds interesting!!!!

enjoy peteboro to everyone

jonathan

an early good morning melb

i expect you are still in the land of nod after your hectic day yesterday !!!

glad to hear all has gone well with your new purchase...

you have certainly picked a nice weekend for your first proper outing...

cheers

berti

Just a quick posting as the signal isn't very good tonight.

Name dropper Tony!!! Moi???? Okay then .... :-D

Caught Clive (Mott-Gotobed) and Jan taking photos of a Smart car ... me thinks a new addition to the Mott household is on the cards if Clive has his way. Oh, Kelly58 and his good wife dropped by tonight for a quick shuftie at the van although it looks like a bomb has hit it, but his 'real' motivation was to have a quick look in my gas locker at the Gaslow system ... I think it's gonna be an expensive 'free weekend' for him! Made a few more friends in the MHF camp and also some others elsewhere, especially Roy and Doreen who it turns out had a lovely flat tyre developing so hubby went back tonight with his foot pump to get it reflated, gonna go back again tomorrow to make sure it's okay still ... oh, forgot to mention, they live just a few doors away from Paul O'Grady (the Lily Savage one). Talking of 'savaging', nutter Newell was giving me some grief in the O'Leary 'shop' ... Jacqui must've let him off the lead ... without his muzzle!!! (lol)

Enjoying the show, lots to see and enjoyed sampling the toffee vodka! Weather brilliant, couldn't ask for more really.

The van is living up to expectations and surpassing them - very, very pleased with it except for the ruddy Smev grill ... it worried some bread again this morning - despite the bread almost touching the top of the grill it still didn't brown properly (well, not much at all in truth!), so I feel it's days are numbered ... Does anyone else have one of these and can tell me if this is normal or if there's something not quite right with it - I just can't believe that they are this bad. 8-)

Well, time for bed ... behave yourselves!

Well, especially for Tony - just to let you know that we've been 'hob-nobbing' with the MMM team today. :-D

Missed out on the biscuits as we came to the rescue of someone with a flat tyre so went to pump it up for him (loose valve). Saw Andy S looking very forlorn walking around with 2 chairs as he'd been abandoned by Marion in favour of her favourite team's latest game (seems she has a liking for strong fit lads to drool over apparently :$ ). Also had a quick natter with Di Johnson, Dave Hurrell and Mad Mick (MMM editor) and better halfs, plus a few others, before high-tailing it back to the van to sort the dogs' grub out.

We've solved the bathroom vent problem by buying one of the standard 'flip' centre type and fitting that in place of the open vent. No more burnt legs now! :->

The fridge actually has some space in it now too ... managed to go to Peterborough and NOT buy anything that needs to go in it. :D But did get some brilliant little digital talking alarm clocks from Maplins in the shape of apples for £3 each - they're much, much better than that sounds - see link below.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=226059

Mooching round some motorhomes today gave us ideas for things to do in ours, such as easily accessible storage in the garage etc. Will put some of the ideas into practice when I get home.

Well, enough for now - don't want to bore you all silly! Off to bed as it's been a long tiring day.

Night, night all.

:-S

Mel B - 2010-04-23 10:55 PM

The van is living up to expectations and surpassing them - very, very pleased with it except for the ruddy Smev grill ... it worried some bread again this morning - despite the bread almost touching the top of the grill it still didn't brown properly (well, not much at all in truth!), so I feel it's days are numbered ... Does anyone else have one of these and can tell me if this is normal or if there's something not quite right with it - I just can't believe that they are this bad. 8-)

We have a Smev oven/grill and it works fine, cooks excellent toast. I have heard others complain about them though. Maybe it needs the primary air adjusting - or re-jetting...

Andy

Thanks Andy ... I'll persevere with it and see if its just something daft as it just doesn't make sense for it not to work properly, I know a good motorhome dealer locally who can sort it out if needs be and it can be done under warranty so shouldn't cost us a bean ... it would be really, really nice to be able to have a nice hot slice of toast for breakfast!

This may seem a silly question MelB but on my smev you have to slide out a plate at the top when using the grill this is so that the door to the oven cannot shut when the grill is on is your like this?as this plate if left in would probably shield some of the grill.

In my MH the Ford has the first leisure battery under the passenger seat and the engine battery under the drivers seat. It is possible to fit the second leisure battery in front of the engine battery, which is what I did to save and untilise this dead space. I think David Unsell has also done this on his Hobby. Just a thought, as it may save you locker space.

John .... do you mean Derek Uzzell by any chance? :-S

As far as we're aware, the passenger seat has the 85amp leisure battery under it, with a fair bit of space to the front for storage, but there are supposed to be 2 engine batteries under the drivers seat, which doesn't have any real storage space. We haven't had a look to confirm this though as it means removing the driver's seat altogether to look as we can's see through the swivel mechanism! Why it would have 2 engine batteries I haven't a clue except to say that it is the 140bhp engine rather than the 115bhp one but that doesn't tally with your van John as it too is the 140bhp!!

jhorsf - 2010-04-25 10:10 PM

This may seem a silly question MelB but on my smev you have to slide out a plate at the top when using the grill this is so that the door to the oven cannot shut when the grill is on is your like this?as this plate if left in would probably shield some of the grill.

I didn't notice anything to prevent the flame from getting to the 'bread', as I could see the grill burners quite clearly, they just didn't seems to be very big - does your grill 'mesh', ie above the burners, glow? Ours doesn't - the flame seems to be quite small which I think is the route of the problem, so I'm going to check if the gas tap is turned on fully etc. At the moment we're trying to keep away form the van as much as possible because a blackbird has a nest 2ft away from it and has young chicks so we don't want to keep disturbing her unnecessarily, so I'll have a shuftie tomorrow afternoon when I'm going to do a few jobs on it (finally get my drill out!!! :D ).

Mel B - 2010-04-26 5:42 PM

jhorsf - 2010-04-25 10:10 PM

I didn't notice anything to prevent the flame from getting to the 'bread', as I could see the grill burners quite clearly, they just didn't seems to be very big - does your grill 'mesh', ie above the burners, glow? Ours doesn't - the flame seems to be quite small which I think is the route of the problem, so I'm going to check if the gas tap is turned on fully etc. At the moment we're trying to keep away form the van as much as possible because a blackbird has a nest 2ft away from it and has young chicks so we don't want to keep disturbing her unnecessarily, so I'll have a shuftie tomorrow afternoon when I'm going to do a few jobs on it (finally get my drill out!!! :D ).

Yes Mel the grill does have a grill mesh that glows that seems to be where the heat comes from, the flame only heats up the mesh on mine but mine is the 4hob oven and grill.Good Idea about checking the gas taps are fully on

Hi Mel. Yes I do mean Derek Uzzell.

I have the 140 version and there is only one engine battery. I was hoping to put my second leisure battery under the passenger seat but could not do this because Hymer in their wisdom put the Electrobloc under the seat. Had to resort to putting the second leisure battery under drivers seat in front of the engine battery.

Had to modify the clamping system with a hacksaw to get it to fit.

Just been looking at the photos I took when we changed vans - I always take a photo of the old and the new next to each other. In the first photo our Rimor on the left and our new Flash on the right, in the seond the Rimor is on the right and the Flash on the left.

The Flash is soooooo cute!!! (sorry ... did I say that before? :D ).

461258842_Littleandlarge1.JPG.cf8c4026d55b11d62efbd7087b3706b1.JPG

752133381_Littleandlarge2.JPG.09bacbdf6806e16591145fbdf3198e58.JPG

We've found something funny on our new van .... 8-)

Whilst I was doing a few bits and bobs inside it yesterday, hubby was putting some eyelets into the garage, through the provided points in the floor, and noticed something 'dangling' underneath the van! Upon further inspection it appears to be a 12N (7 pin) towing connection, the type you use to connect a trailer/light board electrics to! (^)

It is an accessory on the Ford commercial van site, but why it's fitted I haven't a clue, except that the chassis does run right to the back so maybe it was part of the original base vehicle spec or is something the Chausson spec as they assume you'll want to tow????

You never know, it might come in useful one day! :-D

Oh, almost forgot ... we've managed to track down a wheel/tyre for it too - a chap on Ebay gets accident damaged vehicles and strips them, he's currently got some new Ford Transit wheels that came off a delivery mileage vehicle that was written off late last year - just under £90 delivered. That'll do nicely. :->

Stick-on beam benders - got them at Peterborough for £5 I think!

Not got any headlight protectors though - I've just 'Googled' and there's a chap on MHFacts who's got some for sale for £25 with the benders already applied, but, of course, I can't contact him as I'm not allowed anymore! :-(

The cheapest I've found them on-line was for just under £45 delivered (£34.95 collection in person) - not Ebay for once!

You after some?

CUTE!!!!!

wouldnt go that far!( Being a man an all)

looks good tho B-)

compared to your previous van its tidgy (!) sure you can stand up (?)

thats abit of a result with the towing electrics already there as well

hope you have happy times in it

jonathan

ps... god bless ebay.... its the best thing since sliced bread (lol)

Had a shuftie on the Ford ETIS site to see the exact spec of my base vehicle and the 'Trailer Tow Electrics' were part of the original spec!

If anyone wants to have a look for their Ford, then the best bet is to go to the site and do the enquiry using your vehicle's VIN number as the registration number often doesn't work.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

This is what I found out about mine:

1424109014_FordETISpage2.jpg.75acbd1d6d3166486505a427a4ac5e0f.jpg

Hi JohnP

Nope, it's definitely original spec from when we got the van (no alarm) - it's mentioned on the Ford ETIS info I posted above. Not complaining though - just a nice surprise!

Thinking of calling it 'Antony' though as it's a little bit chubbier than our Rimor was and my Mum always calls Antony La Paglia (from "Without a Trace") chubby chops! :D

Archived