Cab Steps

PJay

Has any one had these fitted to their van? If so do they make it easier to get in. I am having Knee trouble and would like the step into the cab to be about 3inches lower. (sorry old school, can't think in metric) Fiat Ducato Mk2. (2006) Your views welcome

pauline

Pauline,

Do you mean a retractable slide-out step or a sort of fixed 'running board' arrangement? The former should make it a good deal easier for you to get in and out of the cab, but fitting one is likely to reduce ground-clearance significantly below the step (which may or may not be important).

Derek

, like th idea of the retractable step, but as you say maybe not enough ground clearance,, I have seen an advert for the running board type, but not sure if that would be much lower than the existing sill. At £200 fitted, would like to make sure that it would make a difference to the hieght of the exsisting s

Paulineill.

Martin

I do use the Hab door were possible, but as we have a Fiammi bar/Handle across, when travelling, not always convient (OH has to get out and move the bar.)

Wondered if anyone had experience of the said steps?

Guest Tracker

Autocruise fit this kind of 'running board' step to their coachbuilts - or at least they used to - and having had two we do find them handy when the old knees are playing up.

Ours have not given us any ground clearance problems but they do also afford a thief something convenient to stand on whilst he leans through the open or broken window to steal your belongings!

People like O'Leary's or Charles & Son might have them in stock?

Archived