Ireland Again

lennyhb

Looking at going to Ireland for a couple of weeks in June, I been loads of times before (mainly working) but this will be a first with the van.

I known wild camping is generally accepted just wondering of other peoples experience of filling up with fresh water & dumping the grey & black water.

I wouldn’t have posted this if I could ever get the search to work.

Hi,

Went with van 2 years ago, Rosslare to Dingle and around West Coast.

Found lots of height barriers on laybys on main roads, making it difficult to stop for a break when travelling. Not as many sites as I expected and they were quite expensive, saw quite a few places where Wild camping would be possible and a few actually camping (but not many !) best site we stayed on was 'Mannix point' at Cahirciveen on the west coast.

Good weather helps a Lot (bloody obvious !) Ray

I think Howie is the one to ask, I know he has been in his M.H. I think! we went with out caravan about 10 years ago and made straight for a caravan site at Castle Gregory nr Tralee. I would have thought though that caravan sites would allow you to use their facilities for filling up and emptying! I don't know if they have Aires in Ireland.

We were there a few years ago. Things may have changed but there is a fabulous beach at Inch where we parked up o'night. Gets busy at weekends with locals. Public toilet open during the day. Pub and little shop too. Also parked up at various yacht marinas. Wild camping was possible at Annalong with a public loo available and brilliant fish and chips.

ike

Archived