stolen spare wheel

deryck the decorator

Hi Deryck,

I imagine yours is similar to our 04 Cheyenne, a panel secured by 2 turn catches operated with a large chromed key. If so you can open them with a screwdriver or even a front door key!

I have secured our spare wheel with a heavy duty security cable and padlock wrapped around a chassis member. I plan to replace it with a shorter cable secured inside the spare wheel carrier to prevent the wheel being pulled even part way out before unlocking the padlock.

Keith.

Keithl - 2010-02-28 9:00 PM Hi Deryck, I imagine yours is similar to our 04 Cheyenne, a panel secured by 2 turn catches operated with a large chromed key. If so you can open them with a screwdriver or even a front door key! I have secured our spare wheel with a heavy duty security cable and padlock wrapped around a chassis member. I plan to replace it with a shorter cable secured inside the spare wheel carrier to prevent the wheel being pulled even part way out before unlocking the padlock. Keith.

Make sure you keep the lock well lubricated, the crap and water of the road will soon s**t it up. It aint nice on a rainy night trying to undo a seized lock :-(

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2010-02-28 11:18 PM

Make sure you keep the lock well lubricated, the crap and water of the road will soon s**t it up. It aint nice on a rainy night trying to undo a seized lock

Dave,

It's well inside the spare wheel compartment which is all but sealed so it will be ok but I totally agree with your comments if out in the elements!

Keith.

Archived