Strange noise from the inverter.....

cruiser

Just a quickie...I was doing a pre-season check and switched on the inverter. All was well for a few seconds ( standby lights on dvd, tv etc.) Then the inverter started making a shrill alarm type noise. I only ever heard it make the noise once before when I absent-mindedly switched on the microwave. So I think it's the overload warning. I switched off and re-started it twice, same result. On the fourth switch-on, it was OK and everything seems fine. There were no new additions to the previously 'working fine' set-up, so was it just post-winter whinging from the inverter...or is there a problem looming?

P.S: How can it be Eurovision time again? :-(

Is the battery that its taking its power from a bit low?

If it was ok before then that's the only thing that I can think may have changed after a lay up.

Our old inverter set up was a cigarette lighter socket affair, and when the battery got low the inverter used to squeal.

Check the wiring connections where the 2 cables are attached to the inverter. Our inverter kept making a squealing noise but we knew the batteries were okay, however, even though the 'nuts' were tight where the cables were attached, hubby gave them a bit more of a tighten and we've had no more squealing since. :-D

Thanks, Linpet. The weekend beckons and I'll check out all the connections.....is it just me, or does anyone else get perverse pleasure from 'having a job to do on the van' ? Maybe it's just the buzz from being in there, moving or not! :-D

Archived