Jet spray

macca59

I have had a Karcher for years. If there is a weakness it will find it. Just try it on some brick pointing at close quarters and you will see what I mean. Used at some distance with a wide spray they are ok but the temptation is to get closer just to remove that stubborn green algae in the crack!!!!!!! Having said that I still think they are OK though for cleaning off the surface grime(lol)

Roy Fuller

Coachman - 2010-03-07 5:42 PMHave been using our 620M KARCHER for about 12 years now and using it sensibly it causes no problem, i sometimes wonder about some posts where people say how much damage it can do, is it because they have never had one?.

I would have thought it pretty obvious that the reason we know how much damage can be done is because we do have one!

I've seen examples of people who, as has been said above, find that it's working well and are then tempted to go a bit too far and find the mastic disappearing from their panel joints!

I use mine to clear algae off my paved areas and the power can be scary. I do not want that pressure forcing my seams open thank you!

I find 'em OK if used 'sensibly'

Like others have stated, don't use it to shift dirt by using the high pressure setting near joints! I tend to do it the 'hard way' by using a brush or sponge to remove grime and stubborn marks. I then use the low pressure 'fan' setting to rinse the van and then use the dispenser tank to apply 'bobby dazzler' to the van after it has been cleaned.

Thanks to everyone for the advice it has been a great help. This was what we had heard to be careful and not to use the high pressure setting, hubby likes to do it the hard way too with his brush and spong thought it would help him out if I got him one

Thanks again

Macca

I would suggest you get a washer that has a "shampoo "distributer.

Its ideal for spraying on shampoo (Fenwicks Motorhome cleaner) , let it sit a while to loosen the dirt.

Elbow grease the dirt off and "shampoo" the finished van with Fenwicks Bobby dazzler.

Job and finish !

Rgds

I have a power washer but hardly ever use it on the van.

What I have found to be very handy instead is an adjustable nozzle that fits on the water hose. I am pretty sure that I bought it from Wilkinsons and it could have only been one or two pounds. It can be twisted to the `off` position and when opened, varies from a fine mist to a more powerful jet, just using the normal town water pressure.

It will probably be found in most garden centres as it is primarily for that purpose.

Archived