Picked up new van

Poppy

Well we were suposed to pick it up Friday.As seems true to type with this purchase there was a last minute drama.Hartleys rang to say they weren't sure if the tax disc would be there in time.Fortunately it was.We had our first weekend away in it.or the prosecutio n.Lot of joins in body work.Hope the sealant is up to it!It does have a 5 year warranty though so Hobby must have some confidence in it.Wash room fine but a folding wall shower rather than a seperate one with a sliding door would have made more sense in a van of this size IMHO.My husband doesn't like the way they have put the microwave in and wants them to try again!

On the positive side the lounge for a van of its size is brilliant.The seating is very comfortable, the lighting, natural,LED and electric fantastic.It makes it a lovely welcoming area.Our reversing camera, standard, turns out to be also an upmarket sat nav.We have persuaded it to speak English and not German to us and its going to be good.New Ford base (?) with 6 gears.Lovely responsive ride, going to be economical I think and very comfortable cab.With have the arguti captains seats!

I'm glad you're happy with your new Hobby. I've been waiting weeks for a Hobby Van Exclusive L to come into my local dealer. It was held up by horrendous snow in Northern Germany and then it took two weeks to get from Belgium to Yorkshire as the shipping company waited until they had a full load.

Anyway, it came yesterday and we've just been to see it. Fortunately, my wife loved it so we agreed the deal and it's now being prepared.

I am so impressed by the build-quality and the standard of the interior fitments and the garage is awesome! It will take our two bikes and everything else that we carry with ease.

It's on a Transit LWB and I found the driving position fine and of course UK versions come with very high spec. When I get it I shall add a satellite dome, a solar panel and air suspension.

flicka - 2010-03-09 8:01 PMHi TomTraveling west on the M62 yesterday morning (Monday) I passed two transporters (also heading west) each with 3 Hobby Van's on board. So your new M/H may be nearer than you thought. :-> :->

If it was between Hull and Leeds one of them would have been mine. It arrived yesterday lunchtime approx.

GypsyTom - 2010-03-09 8:16 PM
flicka - 2010-03-09 8:01 PMHi TomTraveling west on the M62 yesterday morning (Monday) I passed two transporters (also heading west) each with 3 Hobby Van's on board. So your new M/H may be nearer than you thought. :-> :->

If it was between Hull and Leeds one of them would have been mine. It arrived yesterday lunchtime approx.
Spot on Tom, on M62 between M18 junction & A1 junction westbound.So not long before you are able to enjoy it.Good luck

Archived