New Charity launched

schnauzers4us

These type of dogs have been used for years. A friend of the family had one after being left paralyzed following a motorbike accident, the dog was amazing, and improved our friends quality of life 100%.

I particularly liked this claim in the news report ...............

" The dog could even put a bank card into a cash machine and withdraw money."

Yeah right, how is a dog supposed to remember your pin number. *-)

As Donna says, these dogs have been around for quite some time and whilst I applaud Allen Parton for doing this, would it not have been better to support the already existing organisation rather than set up another? Surely this would have been a much better use of resources and therefore ensure that more of the money collected went to training the dogs etc rather than in creating a second 'administration' section to oversee it all? After all, he must've got his dog from them in the first place so therefore armed forces and civilian emergency services people are already catered for by them? Why is there a need to have a separate charity just for this category of people - I'm not denying they should have every entitlement to anything that helps them but why must it be apart from the other?

Whatever my 'wonderings' above, I really hope it does well. :-D

Archived