Help me choose before I go mad!

hallii

I want to buy a new M/h.

It needs to be on a Ford chassis, 2/3 berth and less than 6 metres in length.

End kitchen without a fixed bed.

The only ones I have found so far are the Hymer Van and the Rollerteam 200.

Any other suggestions?

Hallii

Edit:- I just remembered the Rollerteam 200 is a fixed bed, but hey, it's a Ford!

Hi Hallii

From the models you quoted I guess you are looking at coachbuilts.

After a quick look through the current MMM, here are a few more that may be of interest. - 2010 models.

Eriba Van 2 low profile -(2 berth) 5.99m http://www.lowdhamleisure.com/van_2

(by Hymer Group)

Chausson Flash 04 low profile garage (3 berth) 5.99m http://www.lowdhamleisure.com/04

Autosleeper Eton (2 berth) 5.75m,

Euramobil Profila PA580LS overcab (5 berth) 5.99M(4 travel seats)

Hobby Van T500FSC or T500GFSC(garage) both low profile (both 3 berth) 6.05m

Hobby Siesta T555AKFS overcab (4 berth) 5.84M

West Van low profile garage 3 berth 5.99m (Ron Woods Transit)

Depends how quick you need to get in the market, Ford have a new model Transit, with a wider rear wheelbase for Motorhomes out shortly and if you are just looking to see what is available, it may be that the 2011 model year will increase the choise available.

If you are looking at 2nd hand Vans, I think there were Ford based models by Dethleffs & Burstner 2 or 3 years back.

hallii

If your "End kitchen without a fixed bed" are must-haves, then a good few of the suggestions so far are non-starters.

Any motorhome with a 'garage' normally has a fixed bed above it (because that makes sense) and it's a layout that's particularly suitable to sub-6m vehicles. But the kitchen (obviously) then can't go at the back.

I would have thought all 'low profile' designs were out, but the Eura Mobil PA-580LS fits the bill and the Hobby T-555 AK LC (but not the AK FS) is pretty close.

If you just want a short Ford, there are plenty of those.

Less than 6m usually means a short wheel base with a low rear axle payload which the end kitchen more or less uses up - So be careful... Payload might be there but you might not be able to use it - Low profile doesn't help as you can't get any meaningful weight up front.

Hello Mel, I had a look at Black Country Caravans, a local family run place.

Fixed bed or no fixed bed, well, the Flash 04 is I suppose really not a fixed bed!

It goes up and down anyway:-)

What put us off fixed beds were the ladders etc that are used on many of them, but the 04 is low enough to make a rapid loo visit in the night.

Having made up our minds one of us is very likely to change it again before long, and it won't be me!

Hallii

Archived