Campsites Paris

MIN663

Hi everyone know this has been done before but like many cant get search to work :-( so bear with me.

Planning our first trip in motorhome over the water for June this year.

Can anyone recommend a good campsite as near as possible to Paris and maybe the best route to take from calais.

Many thanks Min.

Hi Min, welcome to the madhouse. :-D

We have stayed a the campsite on the outskirts of Paris - Bois du Boulogne - ideally located just a couple of km from the centre, and very easy to use the cycles to get around on - much easier of the feet than lots of walking! The site used to be in the ACSI network (ie discount rates out of peak holiday season), but not sure if it is now.

Can't remember the route we took but I seem to remember we went round the west of Paris to get there.

Used 'Camping International' on bank of the River Seine. 10 minute walk to rail station which takes you directly in to centre of Paris. Was coming from South France but this site was last stop before returning home via Calais and was very easy to get out of Paris and on to Motorway straight to Port.

There is also its sister site to the east, see

http://www.campingparis.fr/

for both sites. So depending where you are headed one may be more suitable than the other. We have stopped on both, the east site is on the banks of the Marne and is also a short train ride to Eurodisney if that is your thing as well as being about 15 mins into the City centre. A bus to the RER station terminates at the camp entrance and is a five minute ride to the station, the buses wer every ten minutes last time we were there out of season, tickets are available from the site reception for both the bus and train.

Bas

Hi Dave

If you want to be a REAL skinflint, or like us want to spend your money IN Paris rather than on site fees, you can park free for as many days as you like at the back of the Chateau de Vincennes, out to the East, and commute in by metro.

Only thing is, there are no facilities there so you'd need to have enough water etc to last your stay, or be prepared to go and find some when you need it!

Not everyone's preference I know, but I thought you ought to know about it as an option.

We did it that way last February, and the money we saved on site fees meant we ate out every night!

Archived