Roof Bars

crbtaylor

Our newly aquired van , an Elddis Autoquest 115 came with a fitted roof rails. I need some cross bars for it but cant find any, can anyone suggest a stockist. I require 2 bars approx 1800mm in length with suitable clamps to secure them to the existing rails. The rails fitted are not Fiamma, dont know whose they are and Elddis were not very helpfull!! :'(

I had two stainless steel roof bars made up by a metal fabricator for my roof rack to carry a kayak. He came over to my place and measured up and I collected them a week later. I can't remember the price, something in the order of £80.00 or so. They dropped straight on and I secured them with stainless steel self tappers.

Some years ago I made my own roof bars from 1" sq alloy tube and used exhaust "U" brackets to secure it to the length ways bars on the roof of my estate car. You may need a larger section as you are bridging a longer distance. The section will also depend on the weight you wish to carry, I put two 16' Canadian canoes on the roof without problems.

Archived