Morocco

jennet

jennet - 2010-03-20 2:10 PM

We would like to go to Morocco next winter. Is it possible to take our dog with us?

Morocco is not part of the Pet Passport Scheme, however to take your dog from Spain to Morocco and back again what's needed is an International Veterinary Certificate with the appropriate treatments stamped on it. I suggest you visit a vet in Spain and enquire there exactly what the official procedure is.

There is some detailed info here: http://www.pettravel.com/passportnew.cfm it's USA-based but probably relevant.

You also need to bear in mind that dogs that have visited non pet passport countries cannot be brought back into the UK for 6 months, according to quarantine regulations.

Andy

jennet - 2010-03-21 11:36 AM

Thank you for your replies. I thought that it would not be possible for us but just wanted to check as had read an article where they had taken a dog but I guess they were not returning to the UK immediately.

We met several Brits with dogs in Morocco. They all knew that they would be breaking quarantine regulations when they returned to the UK... Pretty irresponsible I reckon.

Andy

Archived