Motor Caravanners Club

Neil Hunt

Was a member for two years, but as they mainly are geared to rallies , not our scene, so cancelled Also the CC (in our case) have more going for it , as we mainly use our van abroad, and lots more sites avaliable

Pity about the MCC as it would be good to have a dedicated club, as the CC are still more geared to Caravans (in my opinion)

PJay

We're in it because we like using CL sites and by being with them it increases our options when touring in the UK. Their "Safe nights" scheme is also good if you just need an over night stay somewhere. They do have "affilliated" sites around the country but we haven't used any yet.

If you are not a member of the motorcaravaners club then you don't know what you are missing. Being a member of the Lancashire group we enjoy numerous rallies and welcome other areas to join us wherever we are. Sometimes it is bar drinks only and sometimes you bring your own. We socialize, enjoy dancing, play bingo, take your pick, have quizzes and raffles. We don't use tents or marquees and you don't have to book in advance like one club I wont mention. Also we are not a stuck up bunch, we are down to earth people who enjoy one anothers company so come on down as they say. We also welcome families with children who are well catered for.

We are in the MCC because you do not have to book, its all round the country and they nearly always use hardstandings or suitable sites for motorhomes. we are not ralliers but accept that motorhomers are a friendly bunch and we much prefer to rally with MCC than the clubs who can be too rule orientated.

Give it a go, honest its great. We tend to do our own thing.

Chris

Thanks to all for feedback, it's always interesting to get others first hand knowledge.

Have been a member of C&CC for some time but recently joined CC and am hoping to get more travelling in now retired, so wondered what else was out there worth using.

Guest Tracker

We are in it as we prefer the informality, spontanuity and cost of rallies and holiday meets without the regimentation and need for pre booking of the Caravan Club.

Also as the MCC is the only voice which only represents Motor Caravanners without any bias towards any other form of leisure pursuit I feel that they are worth supporting even though their voice does not seem to be particularly loud most of the time. Then again I don't know what work they do on our behalf behind the scenes?

Tracker - 2010-03-21 12:29 PM

We are in it as we prefer the informality, spontanuity and cost of rallies and holiday meets without the regimentation and need for pre booking of the Caravan Club.

Also as the MCC is the only voice which only represents Motor Caravanners without any bias towards any other form of leisure pursuit I feel that they are worth supporting even though their voice does not seem to be particularly loud most of the time. Then again I don't know what work they do on our behalf behind the scenes?

We joined for a year but found that we never took advantage of any of the rallies or their few (CL) type sites.

I had hoped that they were an organisation that would be best placed to put the case forward for motorcaravanning in this country but there never seems to be much evidence of this. This is a shame as they could be the first port of call when it came to motorcaravan issues such as overnight or even daytime parking.

David

david lloyd - 2010-03-21 4:42 PM

We joined for a year but found that we never took advantage of any of the rallies or their few (CL) type sites.

I had hoped that they were an organisation that would be best placed to put the case forward for motorcaravanning in this country but there never seems to be much evidence of this. This is a shame as they could be the first port of call when it came to motorcaravan issues such as overnight or even daytime parking.

David

We joined a few years ago for the same reasons, and left after the first year, having formed the opinion that they were only interested in rallying. Even volunteering to help with campaigns they might be running met with no response.

Andy

Andy_C - 2010-03-21 5:31 PM

david lloyd - 2010-03-21 4:42 PM

David

We joined a few years ago for the same reasons, and left after the first year, having formed the opinion that they were only interested in rallying. Even volunteering to help with campaigns they might be running met with no response.

Andy

I was a member for one year also, but found that the 'rallying' appeared to be their main agenda.

I have no problem with anyone who prefers to do this sort of thing! (each to their own!! )

However, We would prefer to 'do our own thing' although we are not antisocial by any means!!

We currently do not 'belong' to any club and have really not missed any so called 'benefits' that these 'clubs are supposed to offer!

We've been members for years and think it's great value. Their rallies aren't organised or bookable like the other main clubs, just a great place to turn up for a really good value weekend where you know you'll get a friendly welcome.

Particularly useful in winter, providing hardstanding venues so you can get out and use your van in all weathers, the best way to keep the van working properly.

As for campaigning, the MCC simply doesn't have the cash or volunteers to mount concerted campaigns to change government legislation, however much it may want to.

Well over Easter weekend we have not booked anywhere but we know we can turn up at an MCC event. How many campsites will let you do that and I can recommend their travel insurance as it is the only one cheap enough to cover over 65s with medical conditions.

Its a club for motorhomers who want flexibility and do not want to pay over the top for pitch fees. Only wish we could use them more often.

We are also fans of the ccc club for sites for holidays as you do not book there either.

chris

Chris,

you and many others like us know what the Motorcaravanners club is all about, it's the ones who don't know that are missing out. Are we ever stuck for a rally pitch? Are we ever asked to pay the full amount for a rally if we have to arrive late or leave early because of personal commitments? One club who I wont mention want the full rally fee up front even if its not possible to attend for the full rally due to work commitments, so on that occasion I booked on the site next door and still attended the rally, there should be flexibilty like in the motorcaravanners club so its their loss.

Hi

We are members of the CC&C and the MCC, we joined because they have a dedicated Spanish section as well as local rallies which we have found to be a bit more expensive than the CC&C, we have attended a rally and found them to be a very freindly group and made to feel very welcome, we did however feel that it was mainly the older generation that belonged (Sorry!) but it has not detered us from staying members. They have quite a good website you might like to have a look at. www.motorcaravanners.eu. They are also at most of the shows so why not stop and have a word.

Caroline

Archived