Belgium

mac111051

Surely you'll be going to Belgium for what you want to do in that country. Try the Caravan Club 'Camping Europe 2' book. You get campsite entries provided by club members. You can look up entries for sites in or near the places you wish to visit. We find both Book 1 and 2 most helpful for ideas and details.

Also what is your definition of a "good" site? Ideas may vary from individual to individual.

We like Camping Memling at Bruges but you may not want to visit Bruges.

We have also stayed on what we think are good sites in Brussels and near Oudenarde. We initially found the latter site in the Camping Club's Carefree brochure. I am sure they are both in 'Camping Europe 2' although it is a few years since we stayed at either.

Been to Belgium in the high season several times and have still not found a decent campsite. All the ones I've stayed at have been too busy; facilities overused, grass pitches bare; pitch sizes small. None of the sites have been bad though.

Belgium is an interesting country and the people we met were all very friendly, especially in the Ardennes and up near Ypres - it's the war connection I think. The scenery in the Ardennes is very relaxing. The roads are awful in many areas.

Hi

We stayed on a municipal camp site in Ypres, locally spelt Ieper, last year.It was about a mile from the town centre which is a must see site, particularly the Last Post at the Menin Gate every evening. The campsite was quite basic but it did have everything and it was not expensive. Main problem was they closed before we arived and we had to wait for another camper to open the gate. Overasll OK for 1-2 nights, no longer

Archived