I player

bazooka

Guest JudgeMental
Unfortunately no.....Unless computa savvy and create a false IP address I believe..... or something like that! I have not a clue, but there is a work around I think.......

bazooka - 2010-03-21 7:45 PM Is it possable to get the news abroad on a lap top via Iplayer we have no sat dish and have just bought our first lap top. baz

Hi,

We're in Florida visiting family at the moment and last night I tried to watch Match of the Day on iPlayer, (yes, sad I know). Prompt from the BBC website was that iPlayer TV is currently only available in the UK, but iPlayer Radio is available worldwide.

I think the Judge is right, apparantly there is a way to access iPlayer TV outside the UK but i've no idea how to do this. So instead we sat under the porch and watched the rain, and rain, and rain, but tomorrow and Tuesday is looking good weatherwise.....

My son is in France and can access iplayer through his university (a UK university) portal. He logs on, then accesses iplayer. It fools iplayer as it thinks it is being accessed from the Uk. This advice is not much use though unless you have a UK portal to log onto, university, work, school etc.

Archived