tom tom again

dikyenfo

Is it just me or are the tech guys at places like tom tom home on a different planet to the rest of us.

I have a problem with me 720 and it is that a blank screen appears at start up.

Examining the files from the root there are photos I have downloaded from the Home web. and yet the device refuses to find them when I try to change start up images.

Can some one give me detailed instructions in basic form assuming that not everyone is fully conversant with everything that computers can do.

I did try to find the way to go files but mr. search does not talk to me.

YOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! WAY2go Where are you?????

He will be along in a little while I would imagine, others have some knowledge but we usually just rely on him as he gets it spot on most of the time.

We have the 710 but not had this problem , yet!!

Mandy

I'm now more confused than I was before.

Are you saying that you have downloaded a replacement spash screen for your device through TomTom HOME?

But when you have installed it on your device it only comes up with a blank screen?

Yes precisely so and v. annoying it has been but I broke into the root file deleted all and re downloaded a file from home and it has finall worked.

I also have problems getting my favorites back on board after a new map but it is gradually dawning on me hoe to play with the cfg file and copy it back to the new one. Thanks for all help.

dikyenfo - 2010-03-23 2:19 PM

I also have problems getting my favorites back on board after a new map but it is gradually dawning on me hoe to play with the cfg file and copy it back to the new one. Thanks for all help.

Be careful with this though as you no longer use the cfg file between new maps, you have to turn your 'Favourites' into your own POI's as the cfg file makes the TomTom either inoperative or cycles from 'Splash' screen to a blank screen and back to 'Splash' screen in a continuous cycle. This is fully documented on the Tom Tom Site as a known problem.

Bas

Archived