Ford based motorhome?

Mickydripin

Hi can any owners tell me how they are getting on with the 2.4 ford based motorhome (alsoTwin wheels variety if you have it) and how do they compare with the Fiat

The one thing that I liked with the Fiat was the looks but looks do not always count as we have found out with all the problems from Fiat.

What do you think about comfort.engine noise, pulling power e.t.c compaired to the Fiat I know the Fiat problems but what are the problems or the bonus`s with the Ford if any.

I am looking at a Ford CI Cusona 600g. Mike.

We have an Autosleeper Duetto on a MK7 Transit and have not had any problems at all going either forwards or in reverse.

Ford do not have the FIAT customer relations attitude.

Fuel consumption over 17,000 miles has been a touch over 34 mpg.

Comfort, drivability and noise are all OK by us. :-)

I have an A-S Windsor on a Ford 2.4 (Mk7) 2008.

I have been very pleased with the Transit bit. A lot of people suggested I would prefer it to our previous Boxer 2.5td (A-S Executive) and they were dead right, better acceleration, more confort, and certainly a quieter ride. Its a bigger van than our previous one but I think its doing ok fuel consumption wise its onboard computer tells me its doing an average of 29.7mpg, but this is improving with mileage. There was an early recall by Ford on a power steering coupling (which hadnt caused me a problem) and the main dealer sorted quickly, other than that I like the Transit very much.

I have an A/S Windsor the same as roger s. I have taken it to Spain 3 times plus UK and I am also very pleased with the Mk7 Transit. My fuel consumption is between 27-30 mpg depending on terrain and speed.

I had a Fiat x250 130 6sp based coachbuilt, similar size to the Windsor and got shot of it after a few months. Enought said !!!. Both were new.

Will never touch any Sevel based vehicle again for the many reasons already given in this forum.

Hi Micky

I think the Mk 7 Ford, to some extent, is a face-lifted Mk 6 (someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure!).

We have a Mk 6 (floor mounted gear lever) twin rear wheel drive Rimor with the 2.4 135bhp engine. We got this after the previous incarnation of the 2.3 jtd Fiat and we thought that it was really good, but our Ford is a doddle to drive and absolutely sprints, despite it being 7.14m and loaded virtually it's limit most of the time. :->

We are changing for a Mk 7 Ford front wheel drive shortly having driven a van derivative recently which was absolutely brilliant and are more than happy that our new 'van isn't going to be on a Fiat, otherwise I seriously doubt if we'd have changed at all.

Duetto owner. Access your spare wheel by opening the rear doors. On the lip you will see a brass nut. Attach your wheelbrace to it, turn it and the wheel will lower sufficiently to gain access from underneath. Its a bit messy but effective.

I think this is right. I've sold my 2002 Duetto automatic but agree that Ford is an excellent base vehicle. If they still did autos I would have bought another without hesitation.

Archived