Greetings from Crete

Don Madge

Morning all from a sunny island Crete.

At present we are having some R & R after the 1170 mile drive from Turkey to Athens.

We are at Camping Greta for a couple of nights catching up with the washing and other chores, our pitch is almost on the beach.

The site is €16 (low season) per night for camper two persons and electricity. It looks like we are paying European prices but the standards are not too good. The facilities are clean but well worn.

So it looks like free camping will be the order of the day.

The site has wifi at €5 for 90 minutes, I declined their very generous offer and at present I'm sitting at a very quiet bar on the sea front at Gouves.

We will have to find somewhere quiet to park up for Easter if that is possible. Not seen any other motorhomes yet.

The weather has been very good so far, we are hoping it will carry on that way.

We are off on Thursday to start our tour of the island.

Safe travelling.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
Caroline - 2010-03-24 12:41 PM

Sorry if Ihave missed it some where was it very expensive getting on to the Island.

Hi,

It cost us €340 return from Athens to Heraklion. That's with the Minoan day sailings, it will be more expensive if you use the night sailings.

Superfast do a day sailing but it is only one way you would have to have a night sailing coming back to Athens.

Safe travelling.

Don

Don a beautiful Island. Make sure you visit the south. Matala, has interesting caves, that used to be lived in by Hippies.The people are very friendly, and love the Brits. ( Well they did when we were there , but was about 20 years ago.) I envy you, wish we were there. I think will have to settle for a cheap week there sometime soon (Package Hol)

Enjoy your trip Keep us all posted of your journey.

PJay

Archived