Base vehicle door security

Mel B

I picked a leaflet up about some security plates to protect the door handles on vans the other day which some may be interested in:

http://www.mcqart.com/guardian/index.htm

They fit over the base vehicle door handles (cab doors, sliding door and rear door) to prevent the handles being prised off to gain entry. They don't do Fiat/Peogeot/Citroen at the moment but do have some for some Ford and Mercedes and VW variants.

Mel

The Ford Transit has deadlocks on the cab doors. (two clicks of the remote) You cannot unlock the doors from the inside using the door handle/levers when the deadlock is in operation.

Have just been outside to check this and it works.

John

JohnP - thanks for that bit of info.

I did ask the chap who was selling the product if he was aware of any plans for the Fiats X250 but he was unaware. It appears also that they only come in a pack of 4 at present, whether it would be possible to get a pack of 2 just for the front doors if anyone wanted them I don't know, I just happened across him selling them on a stall at a car boot sale on Sunday and thought some people might be interested if they felt the need for some more security. :-S

Big Momma - 2010-03-24 10:55 PM

If they have the time to prize off door handles wouldn't it be quicker to just take out or break the window *-)

Mel - I wasn't intending to be rude or sarcastic . Just struck me that some windows (quarterlights) can be removed simply by cutting away the rubber and removing the glass, a lot easier and quieter than prizing off door locks I would have thought. Didn't intend any offence ;-)

Big Momma - 2010-03-25 10:08 PM

Big Momma - 2010-03-24 10:55 PM

If they have the time to prize off door handles wouldn't it be quicker to just take out or break the window *-)

Mel - I wasn't intending to be rude or sarcastic . Just struck me that some windows (quarterlights) can be removed simply by cutting away the rubber and removing the glass, a lot easier and quieter than prizing off door locks I would have thought. Didn't intend any offence ;-)

Hi Big Momma - no offence taken, removing the quarterlights on some vehicles does permit access to the door handles and some 'vans can be opened in that way. Better to be forewarned. As I said, if this thread helps just one person I'm happy! (lol)

Plus the info I've received on this about the Transit locks is well worth knowing too as I was unaware of that as our current Transit doesn't have that. :-S

Archived