T4 Back Window

lumpy

My 1996 VW Topaz back window interior painted black ,is looking very sad. ,the black paint peeling, I have removed the paint, WHAT i intend to do is having a black one way vision fitted ie I can see out ,but nothing is visible from the outside, has any forum members , had one way fitted,your views would be very much appreciated, also the back carpeting has also been affected by the sun and needs replacing , any ideas where I can get thin enough carpeting this venture, the local carpet place, has not been very helpful

Use the darkest grade of tinting film, have a look on ebay if you want to have a go yourself.

It is not to difficult on a flat glass, just make 100% sure that it is clean. Then check again!

I did mine myself and it looks fine, there are a couple of "inclusions" though!

Car upholsterers will have the right carpet, and they will bind the edges if needed.

Hallii

I used to have a Mitsubishi car with had the 'mirrored' glass in the rear. Following a broken window, I had the glass replaced and found a company which replaced the mirrored film for me.

You're right not to tackle it yourself though. The guy that did mine had three goes to get it right.....and he does it regularly. Of course, when it goes wrong, the film is destroyed and you have to use a new sheet.

Have a google.

Archived