Site wanted up to 50 miles south of Calais

mike 202

Hi, I will be travelling back from Spain early May via Evreux, Rouen and Abbeville to Calais to catch the 1230 ferry. Going out via Bilbao.

Please can anyone recommend a site for an overnight stop before catching the ferry. I plan to leave the site between 0800/0900 and go direct to the ferry port. I don't want to use the Aires at Calais in case of any problems with migrants.

You could stop at the ferry terminal itself without any worries about Illegals as there is 24 hour security and it is well lit up at night.

If you head for the ferry terminal but turn off the roundabout at the turning before departures and head for the ticket office you can park up safely for the night there, you will almost certainly see a lot of other vans parked there and it is just a 2 minute drive for the ferry.

RD

We use the Les Erables site at Escalles it is in the Aires book it is a small site with good facilities, and follows the scenic route back to Calais about 20 mins; We use it for the ease of visiting the Vet. We have never had any trouble on the Aire at Calais either, it is regualally visited by the the Gendarme,s sp!!

Camping cheque site at Le Val d'Authie at Villers St Authie, 61 miles from Calais and off the N1/D901 at Vron. Down a long narrow road but we have never met any traffic. They have a pool and a restaurant. GPS L:50degrees18'48" I: 1 degree 41'41"

Also Castels site at Guines but that is more expensive, about 15 miles from Calais and Chateau Gandspette at Eperlecques near St Omer. Again more expensive.

Archived