Air filter Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDi

Mike H

Is there any easy way to remove the air cleaner?

Can only get to 2 screws on the top and none of the hose clips look as if they have been touched from new. Which makes me think that it has never been changed and also the fuel filter, probably should be changed as well. 5 years old and 17000 miles.

Thanks. Mike.

The screws on the air filter are a bugger to get at and there is no other way to get at the element inside.

If you have a 2005 van you may have the canister type fuel filter that should be changed by 18000 miles ( although 5 years is a bit too long, I would say 2-3 years max). The later fabric element filter (black plastic housing) is good for 36000 miles but again, 5 years is probably too long for this too.

Nick

A mechanic at Chemix who serviced my Boxer 2.0 HDi (06),showed me how he got access to the air filter screws.He pulled the assembly towards the front of the engine bay,thus gaining access to the rear screws. The assembly is on a rubber mount. Hope this helps you.

Thanks Findlay.

I have managed to get the filter off and removed the housing from the rubber mountings to get access to the fuel filter. Got work out how to fit filter, new one is in a pastic box with instructions not to touch filter element. Too cold outside at the moment. Mike.

No problem,

First you need to disconnect the two electrical plugs. Then push the fuel pipes inwards gently while squeezing the connectors and they will come off. You can now lift the whole filter housing up off it's bracket. Unscrew the lid and remove the old element. Pop the new element in and replace the seal with the one in the box. Re-fit in reverse order.

Fuel filter change; done.

Good luck.

Nick

Nick. Did it exactly as you described. Only problem I had was it didn't seal around the top first time, hand tight wasn't tight enough, had to remove and use a strap to tighten a bit more. Now all OK. Thanks again. Mike

Archived