Accessories - what are your 'must have' ones

Mel B

Accessories - what are your 'must have' ones  

547 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As we're shortly to change our van, we have put a lot of thought into what accessories we actually NEED, rather than would LIKE. Consequently we're only having a bike rack and TV aerial fitted, and our solar panel and 2nd leisure battery moved over, and we'll see how we get on with those.

It got me to thinking, though, what the most popular 'fixed' accessories and 'options' for the base vehicle are, so come on, lets have your thoughts - you can either just vote or give a reason for doing so, if you do though please try to keep your reason concise so we don't all end up going to sleep! (lol)

The list is in no particular order - I think I've included most of the common stuff, anything that's missing will have to go under 'other' as there are only 20 poll fields in total, but you can vote for more than one item if you wish.

Have fun! :->

Edited to say - It might let you add other options if you think of any after all!!! :->

The definition of "need" and "like" is interesting.  Can anyone explain the possession of any of the above on a "need" basis?  You "need" a motorhome, only if you would like to travel to other places by motorhome.  Beyond that, all of the above are possibly desirables, but surely cannot be defined as necessities.

So, sorry Mel, you "need" neither the TV aerial nor the bike rack, because you don't "need" to watch TV, or ride a bike.  You could just as well read, or do jigsaws, for relaxation (and yes, I know there are other things as well!), and walk, instead of cycling. 

The advantages?  Well, your van would have fewer holes in it, and be lighter to boot!  Simples.  :-D

Brian Kirby - 2010-03-29 11:55 AM

The definition of "need" and "like" is interesting.  Can anyone explain the possession of any of the above on a "need" basis?  You "need" a motorhome, only if you would like to travel to other places by motorhome.  Beyond that, all of the above are possibly desirables, but surely cannot be defined as necessities.

So, sorry Mel, you "need" neither the TV aerial nor the bike rack, because you don't "need" to watch TV, or ride a bike.  You could just as well read, or do jigsaws, for relaxation (and yes, I know there are other things as well!), and walk, instead of cycling. 

The advantages?  Well, your van would have fewer holes in it, and be lighter to boot!  Simples.  :-D

Now then Brian, I shall come and give you a good slapping with a soggy copy of MMM (if my April issue ever arrives of course!). ;-) By 'need' I mean items that you really would not want to be without as they would really impinge on your enjoyment. 'Like' are things that you may occasionally use but would not necessarily cause you a problem if you didn't have them. An example would be a bike rack - if you like to take bike rides and have no other means of carrying bikes then a rack would seem to be a 'need', especially if you have mobility issues and walking distances is not a choice (think electric bikes), or use it for carrying a mobility scooter. As for a TV aerial, in our case that's a 'like' we've decided to have - as we're going to be abroad for longer this time round we will use it to catch up on the local weather etc (along with our TV of course).Peter - I said 'fixed' and 'options', as in things other than the layout ... last time I checked a laptop wasn't something you'd normally call a motorhome fixture and as for attaching the wife .....! Unless of course you're into S&M I suppose! 8-)

Guest Tracker

I am deeply touched Mel that you should consider humble moi as a possible 'essential accessory' although there may well be others who would dispute that notion.

It is indeed humbling to know that at least five people think that I'm a good idea - as does my dog - I think?

Tracker - 2010-03-29 7:33 PM

I am deeply touched Mel that you should consider humble moi as a possible 'essential accessory' although there may well be others who would dispute that notion.

It is indeed humbling to know that at least five people think that I'm a good idea - as does my dog - I think?

Tracker ... I have to shatter your illusion but it wasn't me ... it was Peter who added you ... not sure if he fancies you or not! :D 8-)

Mel B - 2010-03-29 5:59 PM ....Now then Brian, I shall come and give you a good slapping with a soggy copy of MMM (if my April issue ever arrives of course!). .........

Got mine AGES ago, na, na, na na nah, naaaa, and it's nice and dry thank you, and I've read it all, so there! 

Don't "need" that either, but I still quite like it!  :-D

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2010-03-30 8:49 PM

... do you want to see the photos they took Richard .... >:-)

That is a very generous offer Mel and I thank you warmly from the bottom of my bottom - but having also seen my own nether region in close up recently I too have no wish to go there again quite so soon!

Did it sting when the flash went off in those dark recesses!

Guest peter
Mel B - 2010-03-29 8:34 PM

Tracker - 2010-03-29 7:33 PM

Tracker ... I have to shatter your illusion but it wasn't me ... it was Peter who added you ... not sure if he fancies you or not! :D 8-)

You must be joking Mel. The Tracker in question is the electronic security device and not added by me.

Archived