Halogen cookers

hymer1942

My old motorhoming mate and his Mrs have been using one for years and swear by it. But on the other hand my Mrs says the smaller one (35 whats its ) says that one is too small for two and the next size up too big. Just some thing for you to think about.

Bought one just before christmas from coopers of stortford. Very easy to use done many roast meals in it they all come out great.

Best roast potatoes wifes ever cooked (in 37 years)

Halogen oven £39.99

Optional accessory pack £14.99

Optional lid rest £6.99

www.coopersofstortford.co.uk

We purchased the extras and they are well worth it.

Steve

Guest peter
Induction hobb's are better and are similar price and you can't burn yourself on it. I bought a single hob one and it is brilliant and very fast, water starts to boil in seconds on full power.

'Er indoors bought one from flee bay earlier this year...it worked fine for a while ..and then the bowl cracked on it ( an extremely large crack at that) we got in touch with the suppliers and they despatched another bowl..unfortunately they are a bit hit and miss with some of the timings cooking wise but we have now got a recipe book and it seems to be better

Yes they are OK but in my opinion rather have a gas oven!!...but then again I don't do the cooking

peter - 2010-03-31 10:45 PM

Induction hobb's are better and are similar price and you can't burn yourself on it. I bought a single hob one and it is brilliant and very fast, water starts to boil in seconds on full power.

Don't you need ferrous metal pans for them to work? Cast iron pots don't 'arf eat into your payload.

Personally I can not see the point of having anything in the Motorhome that needs mains to operate it, restricts the camping options too much.

Guest peter
Stainless Steel is o/k and ally with ferrous insert, what's wrong with mains appliances if you have hook up. This isn't camping, you have to have a degree of home comforts when available and when not you use alternatives. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Just a personal opinion Peter, I have nothing against hook ups apart from campsite owners who want me to pay for it when I don't want it.

I just don't see the point of doubling up on equipment I can cook anything I need on/in the hob/oven/grill.

I'm surprised they work with stainless as stainless is non-ferrous (well good quality stainless is).

We also chose an induction hob - amazingly quick. We bought some enamal pans from Judge, they are a very reasonable price, not heavy and if you want they also do a roasting pot. We usually don't stay on Cls with electric, but if we do we make the most of it and save the gas.

Archived