Headlamp protectors/Beam benders

flicka

Looking to put our Beam deflectors on our M/H.

We already have Headlamp Protectors fitted.

Is it legal to fit the Beam Deflectors on the Headlamp Protectors.

Or should they be fitted to the Headlamps directly ?

If it's OK to fit them on the Headlamp Protectors, I will get another set and just switch them over as required.

If you get the "universal" kind of beam-benders which will work either right/left or left/right, you can stick them on the INSIDE of the protectors, the "wrong" way round. That gives you a smoother outside surface to keep clean, and less chance of losing one.

I can explain that more clearly if necessary! :-D

Flicka,

One of the primary reasons many want head lamp protectors is to specifically stick the headlamp deflectors or masks on. If they are applied directly to the modern plastic headlamp lenses they can cause micro crazing due to build up of heat on the surface.

The masks which come with the protectors are black vinyl with a white backing. If it was black it woud absorb a lot more heat so these should not be placed on the inside, not to mention in reverses the shape.

The silvered semi transparent deflecting/diffusion type are ok to fit on inside but they cannot really be cut to suit the ducato beam pattern which needs masking.

Jon.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of these black ones which should certainly not be stuck inside.

The reversible ones I use are clear plastic, oval-shaped, and divided into quarters. Instructions come with them about which way round to fit them for RHD vehicles going "there" or LHD vehs "here." Fitting them inside, "wrong" way round, gives the same deflection as outside and right way.

Thanks for info, guys.

Have found some Protectors with deflectors supplied also.

The deflectors are black so I will make sure I fit them on the outside.

I could not match my previous pair of protectors @ £10. from CDC Trucks.

They were selling off a batch at a discounted price & are not restocking unfortunately.

We have an 04 Fiat Ducato based van and the head lamp protectors from Peugeot were half the price of the same thing from Fiat. I have never worked out why they had to be made in Australia and shipped half way around the world surely there must be a company in Europe that can shape perspex?

Archived