Fire at Roselda Conil de la frontera

w1ntersun

Hi,

Last night 1 April several stored vans went up in smoke here . Three fire pumps attended and they ran out of water and had to go and refill from the swimming pool. Some of the vans had gas bottles in and poping there release valves

link to pics below

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=204619&l=07663538e0&id=100000481516235

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=204620&l=cbd5d678f3&id=100000481516235

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=204621&l=0c8f2bb33e&id=100000481516235

Richard

Looks bad, was it Vandalism or accidental.

I spend some time at a site 100 miles south of Barcelona and the owners of the site had to remove "Vagrants/homeless travellers" who had broken into stored caravans and were living there. No real damage done but it makes me wonder if something similar happened where you are and the "unwelcome guests" accidentally caused the fire through being careless.

Be interesting if it has happened elsewhere with vans stored on European sites. Obviously no CASSOA Gold over the channel.

Mike

We had a fire in a storage place a few years ago in Widnes, started by kids. When the police contacted the owners of adjacent caravans a woman turned up to check their family van. She, and we, discovered her husband had been using it as a meeting place for another woman! The bed was made up, wine glasses were left out and it was obvious what had been going on. It was before mobile phones were common and her husband was "out at work" and not contactable. She left the storage place, after securing their van, to go home and wait for him to get in.

Be sure your sins will find you out!

• 2 months later...

Richard only just picked this up as we have only been back a week or so. I think it is worth telling everyone what a very good site this is, excellent staff and with barriers at the entrance and exit. No one would be able to enter this site without the necessary card. We left our van here for 6 weeks earlier this year as I had to return to the UK for a major back op (successful) and would have no hesitation in doing it again.

Roy Fuller

I would say a good site, we were there last week. The only problem for us was it was in the middle of nowhere, and you need transport to get about. The pitches not very big, unless you pay extra for a large one. Very peacefull site good toilets etc.

PJay

PJay - 2010-06-12 8:27 PM

I would say a good site, we were there last week. The only problem for us was it was in the middle of nowhere, and you need transport to get about. The pitches not very big, unless you pay extra for a large one. Very peacefull site good toilets etc.

PJay

Hi PJay,

Are you sure you got the right site? It's only a 30 minute walk into Conel and I would hardly call "the middle of nowhere".

We have used it in the past and it's a great site as long as you are not there at Easter when the locals invade. The experienced traveller will know what it's like when the Spaniards start celebrating.

Safe travelling.

Don

Archived