Road Tax

webbocj

I looked a couple of weeks ago and that's what it was, now it is £205!!! and I reckon that's what I'll have to pay. Slightly confusing when it refers to vehicles before and after certain dates BUT also CO2 emissions.

chris

If you go to the dvla website and take the option to buy a tax disc on-line you can do a vehicle enquiry. This will show you the vehicle details and should show what the tax rates will be.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

By, that's a wide page now. Maybe it's more complicated than I thought, it appears the increases came about from the 2008 budget!! The £205 is for a vehicle registered before 2001 (mine 2007) but it has no CO2 figures, also there appears to be a section for "lightgoods TC39" which suggests £200. Where are the brains of this forum?

thanks chris

webbocj - 2010-04-05 1:33 PM

By, that's a wide page now. Maybe it's more complicated than I thought, it appears the increases came about from the 2008 budget!! The £205 is for a vehicle registered before 2001 (mine 2007) but it has no CO2 figures, also there appears to be a section for "lightgoods TC39" which suggests £200. Where are the brains of this forum?

thanks chris

Most motorhome of up to 3500kg GVW will be in the PLG taxation class (Tax Class 11), motorhomes over 3500kg GVW will be PHGV (Tax Class 10). This pdf gives all the current taxation rates: http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067081.pdf

Andy

Archived