avantgarde fresh water drain pipe

Minstrel

Friends of ours have recently bought a Compass Avantgarde, went away for the weekend and can't find how to drain the fresh water tank. can anyone help ( i am assuming the friends had the sense to look at the manual).

Thanks

We have an Elddis Autoquest 100 which is the equivalent of the Compass Avantgarde 100.

On our 2003/4 model the drain pipe is a flexible confluted one, similar to the grey water drain. On ours it is held in place by two spring clips at the offside of the van by the water tank.

Graham

As far as I'm aware the 'fresh water' drain is a tap situated at the bottom of the fresh water tank which is found by lifting the 'wooden'slat up at the base of the wardrobe inside the van.

There is no need to grovel underneath the van etc. !!

Hope this is of some help.

What age is it?

If it's a new shape (X/250, model number will be 1xx where xx=10, 20, 40, 55, 80), then the tank is underslung and drain should be a blue tap on the offside. E.g. on 140, it's in the same position as the grey waste tap, but on the opposite side.

If it's an older one, then I believe the tanks are onboard somewhere.

Paul

Minstrel - 2010-04-04 7:33 PM

Do you let the spring clips off to empty the tank. I'd have asked sooner but the forum was misbehaving.

Just unclip the hose to drop it down and then open the tap.

Bob Elswood - 2010-04-04 8:16 PM

As far as I'm aware the 'fresh water' drain is a tap situated at the bottom of the fresh water tank which is found by lifting the 'wooden'slat up at the base of the wardrobe inside the van.

There is no need to grovel underneath the van etc. !!

Hope this is of some help.

That's the drain for the water heater. In the older models like ours the water heater is mounted underneath the wardrobe and the fresh water tank is under the rear facing dinette seat.

Graham

Our Elddis Autoquest 100 c 2006 has a fw drain tap under the slat in the wardrobe as described by Bob; there is also a rocker type drain tap for the water heater which is under the nearside dinette seat but you can reach it easily through the outside locker door. This one is important for the winter to prevent frost damage to the heater and your friend needs to be aware of it if his arrangement is similar and also to be careful when packing the locker because it is possible to open it by accident as you shove your folding chairs in. You can drain the FW tank through the water heater using this tap alone (but it is a smaller outlet and takes a bit longer).

Archived