Rimor curtain rails ... the work of the devil!!!

Mel B

Just been getting the 'van emptied out and one of the jobs was to put the original curtains back up ready for our swap round in a fortnight's time. :-D

What I want to know is the name of the sadistic b*gg*r who decided to put the wooden pelmets so ruddy close to the windows that I nearly resorted to pliers to get the hooks back on the rail!!! It took me well over an hour to get them all back up, my fingers are numb and totally shot to pieces ... you don't want to know how long it's just took me to type this!!!

I thought I carried a load of stuff around unnecessarily in our current van though, but was pleasantly surprised as there wasn't that much once it was piled up, so we won't want for space in the new one which is a good thing!

The van does look really nice and tidy though, should make someone a nice 'big' home on wheels. :D

Mel B - 2010-04-05 8:34 PM

What I want to know is the name of the sadistic b*gg*r who decided to put the wooden pelmets so ruddy close to the windows that I nearly resorted to pliers to get the hooks back on the rail!!!

This would proboly be the same divot who when designing the Katamarano 3, made the ladder to overcab unusable when the front dinette beds where made up, also the end plates on bed extenders so weak they rip off the screws, and the wall to galley furniture fixings so weak it detachs so that the fridge burner vents into van, and forgets to specify an internal 'grab' handle on the door so when it's blowing a gale and freezing cold rain you have to struggle to shut door >:-(

Guest Tracker

Sometimes the rails are fixed in place with little screws and you can undo a screw or two to make access easier - although getting the little beggars back in can be a challenge sometimes?

If not - well - I suppose you are - screwed?

Colin

The Katamarano is a cheaper (basic) version from the Rimor stable so I assume the furniture is cheaper as we never had any problems with the build quality at all with our van, quite the contrary, it's the only one we've ever had where we haven't had issues! As for the ladder not being able to be used with the dinette etc bed made up, unfortunately most 'vans of that design have the same problem ... I think you're supposed to 'throw' the kids up there and let them 'jump' down and squish you!!! (lol)

As for the curtain rails - yes there are some tiny screws and I assume the curtains must have been put on the rail before it was put up as I simply cannot believe that some poor worker was paid to put them up 'in situ' as it just takes tooooooo long so wouldn't have been productive. I did consider removing the screws and taking the rail down but, as you say Richard, it would have been a 'challenge' in itself to get the little s*ds back in! *-)

Mel B - 2010-04-06 6:25 PM

I think you're supposed to 'throw' the kids up there and let them 'jump' down and squish you!!! (lol)

Ahah! velcro pj's, that will sort it out. :D

N.B. it was 08 reg with 52,000 of rental miles on it.

Archived