hi

peugeot parts

Guest Tracker

Welcome to the nuthouse Ian.

I'm sure there are many people out there who wonder just what gearbox ratios / transmission / clutch / engine management / engine mountings - etc bits have been changed on the X250 by evolution in recent months - and whether it has made any discernable difference to the reversability of these vans?

Of greater interest maybe - how do you tell if the new van you are looking at is up to date? Are there any exterior clues visible to the knowing onlooker?

It's not often a newbie gets asked questions - usually it's the other way around!

sorry cant say wat the changes or because i work out of a ware house so we dont get a lot of info we input a vin no and look up the parts on there our workshop is another site one of the best places for you guys and ladys to find parts and info to your motohomes is our peugeot public service box hope this helps as a bit of a start

Hi Ian, I wonder if your system would show up full details of my vehicle, which has undergone 3 attempts to solve the reverse gear collywobbles problem. How up to date is it, and what info would you need. Is a vin number sufficient, or do you need warranty invoice details to track down what exactly has changed.. I spoke yesterday to a Fiat workshop manager who claimes that they have solved the problems on the 2.3 enging jobs, but mine is a 2.2based 6speed Boxer based Autocruise Stargazer, and has had innards of box replaced firstly, then box and clutch and heavy duty flywheel fitted, then at 3rd attempt, a new egr valve,and replaced engine mounts. Marginal improvement, but now expert from Coventry says I must use minimum 1300 rpm and fully engage clutch to overcome "torque vibration". He says no further known solution.

Has there been any amendments to reverse ratio,recently. My vehicle was first registered on 58 plate from Oct 1st 2008

tonyg3nwl

This is not a request to Peugeot parts directly but he is more than welcome to offer any help he deems fit.

My Burstner needs a new exhaust and after much digging the findings are not too good. Whether a Burstner leaves the factory as LHD or RHD, it always has the LHD exhaust fitted. I can get a RHD exhaust easy enough but it is not a straight fit on the existing hangers and the tailpipe ends up near the habitation door. There is only one model of RHD exhaust but there are several for LHD and hard to get hold of in the UK. The price will be astronomical as well if it is a genuine Fiat part. The RHD price is a bit eyewatering too.

I intend to get a cheap RHD exhaust system and have a local firm (who do my mechanical work) fit it. I could do it myself but do not have any bottles to do the gas welding. This will be necessary to divert the tailpipe away from the Hab door.

I would have gone for a stainless exhaust but there is nobody local to me who can handle the weight of van. No firms seem to have a pit these days.

If anyone out there has suggestions then they would be welcome. It must have been covered before on here. Where is the search when you need it?

Thanks very much for the offer Nick but it is too late now.

I bought a RHD exhaust this morning and it is booked in for tomorrow morning. The mountings are adjacent to the fittings on the van but without a bit of heat, it would have been a pain for me to do it myself.

I used a little local exhaust shop. I got my first exhaust for my Austin A40 there. The cost of the 2 sections (the first section is new) was £87.50 plus a couple of pound for the bolts and clamp. The equivalent from a local Fiat agent was just under £300. This means I can buy 2 exhausts and have them fitted for the dealer cost for one.

As the exhaust tail pipe now comes out on the UK offside and is forward of the habitation door, I have ordered a chrome tail pipe fitting with a bend on it to deflect the exhaust gases when on the move. (£10)

Your two LHD exhausts are as rare as Rocking Horse teeth in the UK. Anyone with a German van reading this would be very smart to give you a PM. :D

Something that might make you smile: I did not know what business Euroserv were in but because of you posting technical vehicle details I (wrongly) assumed they were Motor Factors. I rang my local branch and asked about Fiat Ducato exhausts. The guy who answered did a very good and diplomatic explanation that they did not deal in exhausts. He had obviously been trained in dealing with nutters who ring up.

Archived