Pitching a Montana 12

Guest David Buglass

Guest David Buglass
Has anybody got any tips on pitching a Outwell Montana 12 using only 2 people as our family only consists of little ones.

Guest Pete
Hi David, I have the Montana 6 and here's my tips for erecting the tent (on a windy day) I put on another camping forum (www.ukcampsite.co.uk/)....... Laid the tent out but the wind kept lifting it so temporarily pegged down a couple of points where it was being lifted. Connected all the poles through the roof sleeves and attached side poles, attached pins and clips to front and rear poles, removed temporary pegging (as the weight of the poles now stopped the wind from lifting tent), partially unzipped rain save door to avoid vacuum effect, using guys lines on front of tent - pulled tent upright and temporarily pegged down guys, then did same at rear. Pinned and clipped remaining 2 poles effortlessly, closed rain save door, now adjusted tent/poles to correct position, pegged down all pegging points and guy lines. If you've got the side canopy as well then he's what I did with this.... The arch of the canopy is made up of two poles attached to it's own ring and pin system (the same way the tent poles are fastened) and this is pegged out by the pegging points and guy lines. The canopy material has a long a tapering section that goes over the tent and is fastened by two guylines (opposite side to the rain save door).........one guyline is just pegged out as normal but the other guyline has a hook attached and this hook is attached to the tents ring and pin system. It's dead simple to erect......... although the tapering bit can be a bit of a fight in the wind . I replaced the guyline with the hook on with a longer guyline so as I could hold both guylines (keeping the canopy upright) and walk around to the otherside of the tent and peg out the guylines (you could always double peg it in poor conditions). Why don't you join the www.ukcampsite.co.uk as there's over 40,000 of us to assist in any queries you may have......and it's fun :-) Hope this helps Pete.

Archived