Autocruise control panel blip

Hi, we have a 2008 Autocruise with a touch screen display (I cannot find what model it is anywhere in the manual apart from a reference to "Logo screen"), it all works well with the exception of the water indicator. Sometimes when we have filled it up and press to check the amount it shows that it is 25% or water level low, other times it is accurate and shows 100%, then after we have both showered it will show low when it is 50%, luckily we can check manually by looking in the tank, but we wondered if it is something we are doing wrong, or if there is a sensor somewhere that has not got a secure connection causing the intermittent readings? any ideas greatly appreciated - thank you

Hi Judy

As it's an intermittent problem 2 possible causes come to mind.

A - most probable - the contacts inside the water tank may need a clean.

Look at the outside of the tank to determine the position of the cable and there should be a vertical row of contacts in the corresponding position inside the tank. I suspect there may be a build up on one or more central contacts.

B - loose cable connection somewhere, check the tank contacts & the control panel connections are secure.

And another possibility I read recently on a different thread, depending on the hardness of the water it may or may not complete the electrical circuit to give you a reading, hence you saying sometimes it does work and sometimes not.

If I recall correctly the poster said they added a very small quantity of something like Milton to make it read after filling with water and finding it didn't read. Another thing to try adding would be salt as that will make the water conduct better but don't use too much!

Try the search for phrases similar to your problem, or if not hopefully whoever made the last comment may see this thread and reply.

Keith.

Guest pelmetman

We have a water tank indictator on our van, and it has to be the most useless bit of kit we have, and I gave up using it years ago (lol)

I now have a full proof method of lifting the locker cover (lol)

Hi, Welcome to the disappearing water trick. Both ourselves, and a friend have had or in our case still have the problem. I have tried and failed to find the dodgy connection, and our friend has had tank replaced, wiring checked through by "expert" and in his case the expert "found a badly crimped connection at control box end". Problem goes away till next fill, and water "disappears" as usual with no signs of puddle or damp. Open the lid, and magic, the water is still there even though panel cant feel it.

Best solution, is to open the lid and use the ""human sensory organs", ie wet finger test.

tonyg3nwl

got the same problem with ours .asked dealer to sort could not find any thing wrong ,when you are filling up on sites van tends to not be level so you don't get a true reading .just let tank over fill then you will have a nearly full tank

Archived