Use Of Motorscooter and Motorhome.

Frank McAuley

Hi advice from Clive and Decorator is correct, especially large dia. wheels and a good set of wing mirrors.

The usage is over in Europe, may use it at home occasionally, it is perfect for going those extra miles especially for visiting a hilly area, when to heavy going with the push bikes, which we also have.

We have had one for the last 4/5 years and enjoy every minute on it.

My better half loves it and is a perfect passenger, we never exceed 50kmp, never take any chances at junction etc. always wait for reasonabley clear roads, in other words USE COMMON SENSE.

We carry a first aid kit in the rear "top box" and a few tools, incl. spare plug under the seat, for shopping it is ideal.

When the top box is removed the casset fits perfectly on the platform with a couple of bungie ties, very usefull when the "dump" is a marathon away.

Try and get a mini battery charger from Lidl's and carry a pump.

Get out there and enjoy it, even nicer when your getting around 90mpg.

:-> :->

Passenger!!" My Janet? You must be kidding. Not since I did a broadside stop in front of a double decker bus on an old Matchless when she was carring our first born has she been a pillion rider. No, she has her own steed to ride. Even a liocense now!

Tools, 3/8 drive socket set, spark plugs, puncture outfit, pump, gallon of petrol etc. And thats just my top box. She carries the eats in hers!

C.

Not sure what you mean by using it Frank. You unload, sort out where you want to go, start it up and go their, whats to know? If you mean any other advice then I to carry a pump in the van, tyres seem to lose pressure over a couple of weeks. I carry one of those emergency foam puncture repair things under the seat and we both have waterproofs, got caught out once it was wet and cold without. The great thing about scooters you can go pretty well where you like especially in France. They are well used to them and take no notice where you go or park, we even went into the centre of the cite at Carcassone with ours and parked up.

• 2 weeks later...
Get some 'Ultraseal' or equivalent to put in the tyres and forget the pump and emergency sealant. Does 'what it says on the can' and maintains correct tyre pressures as well as being an instant puncture repair. IMO worth the cost against the hassle of a puncture in the middle of nowhere etc.

Archived