Replcement Glass Lid Spinflo Cooker

bertyboy

Hi,

My everloving put the glass lid down whilst one burner was still alight on a very small flame and difficult to see. The resultant explosion was frightening the amount of glass beads enormous so please be warned check check, check. Now to my request. I have got a replacement lid of which the hinges are already attatched by some sort of adhesive in a slide affair. My problem is how to remove old brackets as there seems to be no way without completely dismantiling the cooker and its 4 burners. I really do not know where to start on this. Hoping for divine assistance.

Check to see if the new glass hinges can be dismantled as they usually have an allen screw or two to tighten a block lined with rubber to form a clamp. They will need to be removed from the broken one also but I have never seen one that requires total removal for what must be a fairly common breakage. I have made up my mind that if I bust mine I shall replace it with a sheet of ally in O?P form the same thickness as the glass.

Hope you manage it OK.

Hi Bertyboy,

One of the plastic 'U' sections was missing from the hinge on our Spinflo glass lid and the glass kept moving so I had to purchase a new hinge to get the plastic part. I looked at changing the whole hinge but found the same as you, the cooker had to be removed to get it out.

The glass was held into the hinge by a small grub screw from underneath and loosening the screws in both hinges meant the glass could be removed to allow fitment of the new plastic part.

Have you looked at the underneath of the hinge for a screw, it's only a small slotted grub screw so may be easy to miss?

Keith.

Archived