Campsite inbetween Poole and Bournemouth

kevandali

Hi All

We are off to Poole for a family wedding at the start of September and just wondered if any of you lovely lot know of a campsite in the area? I am looking now but I always prefer to listen to you lot before making the final leap.

Just looking for anything with electric hook up for the wife's straightners and hair drier etc etc

Hi there

The area is not particularly good for campsites.#

A couple of thoughts though.At Poole there is a Haven place called Rockley Sands.If you leave it to the last minute you can get some good deals with them instead of paying there silly prices.

Looking at the Caravan Club map some of the C/Ls which I guess are under Ringwood in the handbook are very close to Bournemouth, could they be any good.

Afraid I cannot recommend any of these places .

We are off to a wedding also in Sept,but ours is in Warwick, so I am already booked into the Racecourse site for a long-weekend

All the best

Howard

Hi, Not quite in between, but very close to Poole/Bournemouth, There are 2 sites, one each side of the A31 at St leonards, 2 1/2 miles from Ringwood

From Ringwood, Take A31 heading for Poole, got through underpass at Ashley heath, straight on at Woolsbridge road roundabout (Little Chef and Shell Garage, on right hand side), . At next Roundabout, there is one site on Left, and one on right , both set back a bit off the main road.

Alternatively, From ringwood, take the minor road from Ashley heath toward Hurn for about 3 miles, and a couple of sites on left hand side.

Yet more options, CL sites on minor road from Ashley Heath junction, exit main road, go Right over main road , proceed along Horton road for about 2 miles, CL on right, and another about half mile past 3 cross junction, or a CS site on left of road from 3 Cross towards West Moors.

Tony g3nwl (St Leonards)

Hi Kev

have stayed in the area a few times, and would not recommned the sites at St Leonards on the A31..they are very commerical and very noisy, eespcially from the very busy road!

I think Rockley PArk at Poole may have touring spaces,although we have not stayed there, and our preference has been for MeadowBank at Christchurch, which had (havent been there for a few years!) around 20 touring spaces, but is near to excellent public transport links to Bournemouth/Poole. Would suggest an early enquiry to see availability if you go for this one, though.

Hope this is of some help.

Archived