Headlight protectors

breakaleg

Hi All, I know this has been mentioned before, but search still ain't working.

Not for me anyway.

Going to Italy van, went on eBay and found some for a boxer but Im unsure which to order, I have a 56 reg auto sleeper Lancashire, would it be the boxer 3 ?

They say they come with beam converters, would this be to apply as and when needed, are the protectors easy to fit.

I did email the firm directly 3 or 4 days ago, but not received a reply, would any one know the answers for me please.

Many thanks

Pete

Is your Boxer the latest shape (the juddergate one)? If not then it is the Mk2 the Mk1 ran from 94 to 2002 the Mk2 2002 to 2006, the latest being the Mk3. So your year falls in the change over time.

This is an example of the Mk2 light covers

http://www.formula4x4.co.uk/shop/peugeot-boxer-clear-plastic-egr-headlight-covers-from-formula4/?st=shopp&s=peugeot%20boxer

Hope that is of some help.

Bas

Hi Pete

We have these on our Fiat. We leave the beam deflectors stuck to the Headlight protectors. We then just fit the protectors when over the other side, or before getting on the ferry. we take the protectors off, saves keep sticking on,the beam deflectors, as you would need new ones every time (Beam Deflectors) If you want to keep the protectors on all time, sugest you get another set, for UK use, and keep the adjusted ones for abroad

Hope this makes sense

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

I will probbably go down that route eventualy, Just hope i have bought the right one's, only it's exspensive postage to return them, do you use beam benders or masking tape and is it easy to spot where to position it/them.

The man at the shop say's that they are easy to fit, just clip on.

Pete

I got some of these for my M/home dead easy to fit..I lost the fitting instructions for mine and some kind person posted some pics on here on how to fit em!!..There is a link on here somewhere!!!..I left mine on permanent with the benders on !!lets face it the foreigners don't fit em when they come over here do they!!

breakaleg - 2010-04-16 11:21 AM

Hi Pauline,

I will probbably go down that route eventualy, Just hope i have bought the right one's, only it's exspensive postage to return them, do you use beam benders or masking tape and is it easy to spot where to position it/them.

The man at the shop say's that they are easy to fit, just clip on.

Pete

We used the beam benders that came with the covers,. Covers easy to fit, just open the bonnet, and clip the covers over the headlights They are left/right handed

P

Hi Pauline Hi Flicka,

Thanks for all your help, not sure if Beam benders are included with the order or not, guess i will find out for sure on Monday.

And thanks Flicka, those are around a tenner cheaper than what i paid, but as Pauline has said earlier, a second pair will save keep peeling beam benders off, so I might just do that.

Haven't bothered in the past with them as we have only had about ten days around northern France and Belgium and never traveled at night or through any tunnels.

But this time were off, hopefully going to Verona, Rome and Venice and the Italian lakes over three weeks and we may have to drive into the evenings, hope to avoid toll roads, but unsure of the route, we tend not to plan, have been know to get off the ferry and then decide where to go.

Pete :-D 8-)

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

It was April 2010 when I started this post?

Never did get to Italy, two days before we were due to go, got rushed into hospital where I spent a Month, took a long time to recover then my wife was taken in for a operation, she was just getting over that and had to go in for another operation, thought about going this year and my mother in law hasn't been well, just be happy for a trip to the park at the moment. lol Headlight deflectors are still o.k though.

Pete

Hi Pete

Sorry to hear your troubles, sure you'll get there one day.

Re the topic, as it has been re-activated. Our head light protectors, are just about on there last legs, due to OH cracking them., but been fine for 6 years, so don't owe us anything. Will probably get some more, as ours are now stuck to-gether with sticky tape, and as we don;t normally drive at night, not really a problem, except this year we have needed head lights on in the murky weather we had in France, last month

PJay

PJay - 2013-06-08 8:34 PM

Just tried the old inks, not working

Any one know if they still exist ? Or who sells the covers?

PJay

Try here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251120913947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I got some a few weeks ago - easy to fit and good quality. They come with 2 lots of black stickers for abroad, or if you're feeling flush, get 2 sets, one for UK and one for Europe.

When I fitted my protectors to the van the passenger side wouldn't clip in place.

The clips fit into a recess on the headlamp body and mine was solid with no recess, I had to gouge out some of the plastic to make it fit, I then used a 3mm drill to go through the clip and into the body then finally secured with a stainless self-tapper.

Archived