camping worcester

jo scott

we're driving down from Kent, to stay 2 nights in a travel lodge (dont ask why, too complicated!) before using the 'van for a furter 5 days touring.

Question: does anyone know secure camper size parking in worcester that wont cost us an arm and a leg, or an inexpensive campsite a bus ride away where we can first abandon, and then enjoy, the 'van ?

Hi there

The only campsite that I can think off in/very close to Worcester is the Ketch caravan park. It is inside the ring road and is supposed to be an easy walk into town along and bank of the River Severn. The reports that I have seen comment usually on the reasonable prices.

O/S maps always show that there is a campsite at worcester races, but this is I think incorrect and there has never been a campsite there

AnyGood?

all the best howard

You may think these are too far away but both the Caravan Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club have sites at Blackmore, near Hanley Swan and the bus to Worcester stops outside. Can recommend the area for your longer stay. I think both have storage areas and the C&CC charge £5 per night in the lock-up.

The Ketch looks ok always think its the type of site i would like to stay on as i drive pass it on the way to work. There is a bus service on the A38 and you can walk into town along side the river (some times it may be a little over grown).Last year the path was closed by Diglis due to building work there was a diversion, it may well be open now.This site floods so would i leave a van unatended for a few days? if there a been alot of rain would need to keep a close eye on the river.

Paul

We stop at a very nice CL site just off Junction 6 on the M5. I believe the owner is called Margaret. The site is located in a small orchard. We stay there quite often en route to South Wales. It has a toilet and a shower room. The last cost was about £8 inc electric

It beleive it is called Walsgrove Farm

Cheers

Tony

Wise choice IMO Jo. It's a lovely area round here (I live about a mile away) but obviously very popular so it might be wise to give them a ring and book storage space and also a pitch if you are thinking of staying here for a few days. If you want to watch satellite you need to ask for a pitch with clear site of it, otherwise digital tv mast is quite near. Hope you have a lovely time. Send me a pm if you need any more info.

Archived