Le Touquet update

Tony Jones

We visited LeTouquet briefly on our final day (Gosh - was it only yesterday?). We emptied our waste tank there for free, as we were sailing late we didn't need anything else. But the "parking" charge on the MH Aire there is now €9 per day or (any) part of a day, and if you want water it's another €2. Bit of a rip-off, IMHO.

We drove round to the front to park for our lunch. There are some signs there saying "Interdit aux camping-cars," but ours fits in a normal space, and anyway (as regulars will know) such a sign is legally unenforceable in France, so we took a chance on it.

Nevertheless, I've seen some places this trip where I sympathised with the local authorities trying to restrict us - eg where they provide perfectly good parking, sometimes "reservé aux Camping-Cars," at a reasonable charge, and people still go and stick their gin-palaces (sorry, pastis-palaces!) in places where they mar a picturesque view or block the roads.

Let's make sure we stay considerate, so we continue to be welcome!

Hi Tony we stayed there last year (Le touquet) 6 euros i think .We checked the other air which is turn right out the air first left then about 2 k farther on left sideof the road.A french motor homer on there said it was free and the police do'nt visit, unlike the air by the mariner were they make regular checks.

baz

HI Baz

Could you be a bit more specific about the location of the "free" aire. Is it the one by the Aeroport (No. 3 in the "All the Aires France" book)?

I thought the aire by the Marina was a ripoff when we stayed in March. For a bit more you could go to a camp site and get showers etc.

Le Crotoy was 6Euro and St Valery sur Somme 7.50Euro. Looks as if they are all exploiting their closeness to Calais.

David

David B - 2010-04-20 10:10 AM

HI Baz

Could you be a bit more specific about the location of the "free" aire. Is it the one by the Aeroport (No. 3 in the "All the Aires France" book)?

I thought the aire by the Marina was a ripoff when we stayed in March. For a bit more you could go to a camp site and get showers etc.

Le Crotoy was 6Euro and St Valery sur Somme 7.50Euro. Looks as if they are all exploiting their closeness to Calais.

David

I don't think its that, I think its the closeness to the sea, go inland a bit and loads and loads are free to park with some charging for water. The marina site at Le Touquet is 6.5 E with 2 E for water or electricity. Whereas the other two provide free water.

Hi

Are you referring to the Aire by the Equestrian centre as last time we called they said it was closing for refurbishment and part of it was closed off. Also the Electricity was turned off except for the borne for 2 hours maximum. Didn't do France last year so not up to date

Doing Germany again this year as more than impressed with the stellplatz in comparison

Mike & Jackie

Archived