Motorhome skirting

Gilly4

My husband and I have owned a 1996 Swift Royale 590 for nearly 2 years. We have been looking at the possibility of buying motorhome skirting to go along the bottom of the van when we have our awning up and sides attached. The only skirting we have found, apart from the free standing variety, is made by Fiamma and attaches to the van using press studs which obviously means some work must be carried out on the body of the van. However, right along the side of our van is an aluminium strip with a channel in it, very similar to the strip on the Fiamma awning in which you slide the sides in, and my husband believes that this strip is for use with skirting. Having said that, we can find no 'slide in' skirting for sale - only the press stud attachment. We are still on a learning curve so would very much appreciate any help with this query! Thanks.

Hi Gill

We have the press stud skirt, which goes with our Fiammi Awning. It is very easy to fit, my husband did the fittingg, just drill a small hole and insert the studs at intervals. They do not look bad , hardly noticable. We had to cut a seperate piece to cover the wheel on our van, and a small piece to fit under the step. We have a 2006 sundance Hope this is of help to you

P

Thanks to both of you. Will try our local caravan accessory shop over the weekend. Our local motorhome dealer only had the press stud version - never thought about trying a caravan dealer!! As I said, still learning!!! Thanks again. :-)

Guest Tracker
A cheap and reasonably effective solution if you are not living in the awning is a cut down windbreak with suitably shortened poles?

Have found our slide-in skirting at our local Caravan and Motorhome dealer - Martins of Exeter! Easy once you know where to look! Although they have none in stock at the mo they will have some by next weekend. Many thanks again to you all for your help! (lol)

Archived