Mobilvetta Euroyacht 170LX 1998 LHD

springerspaniel

If you do literally what you ask, yes, and it will probably be by far the cheapest option.  Whether it is possible to change the gearbox alone for a fully auto version would require a visit to an Iveco main dealership to tell you if there is an appropriate box that could physically be fitted.  If there is, even if you could find one at a breakers and swap it for a reconditioned box (to be confident of quality), taking account of the other LHD components required to install it, I think just changing the whole van would be cheaper, and a whole heap less trouble.

Guest Tracker

Having messed about with engines and gearboxes on cars many moons ago I can say with some certainty that nothing like this is ever straight forward!

If you get a gearbox that is suitable and assuming it fits onto the clutch and flywheel without new ones needed it may still need an adaptor plate to mate it to the engine properly, then the gearbox mounts may not be quite in the same place and then having got all that sorted you might find the prop shaft to be too long - or even worse - too short!

And if you do need a new flywheel it might not align with the starter motor!

It's a minefield and I would not go there again unless you really enjoy a good challenge intersperced with pure aggravation!

On the other hand you might find a box that simply slots in like it was made for the job????????????????????????????????

So good luck and don't let me put you off and do please tell us how you get on!

Hi well took your advice and asked the main Iveco dealers who say it will cost telephone numbers to do that! so will think about selling my Mobilvetta, one garage just offered £13,500 which I thought not too good, as I saw one recently on the internet sold for £22,000! I know they have to guarantee it etc, but that is a huge difference. *-)

Archived