hymer spotlights

snail

Hi, anyone know where to get or what type the spotlights are for the front valance on the hymer a classes, as i have two unsightly holes at the moment, i assume they are made by hella, and any info on wiring them on a ducato base vehicle, also what is the best way to access the headlights to change the dip from left to right, seems very awkward a job to me, not the sort of job to do when waiting for the ferry! as i can't find any suitable beam benders, thanks

I'm sure other Hymer owners will have a more definitive answer, but you you might find the Hella Caravan and Motorhome catalogue useful as a refence.

Downloadable from http://www.hella.com/hella-com-en/3034.html

by selecting the "Hella Product Overview : Caravans and Motorhomes" link part way down the page.

I've had reason to recently purchase a replacement main beam lamp for my 'van - around £60+ so be ready for a shock. You may also need mounting frames if not already fitted.

I assume from the nature of your question that you know that the beam setting on the dipped beam (if they are Hella) can be changed by rotating the lamp in the mount. Achieved by loosening 3 mounting screws (NOT the main adjustment screws) and twisting the lamp unit.

Since I understand the Hymer mounting renders it pretty difficult to get at these screws, you may be asking what is the easiest way to do it? Can't help with that I'm afraid - they're not too bad on my Rapido.

thanks for the hella info, i will have a look, i did enquire through brownhills once but was quoted about £300, yes i do know how to adjust the lamps it's just getting to the fixing screws, i am a maintenance eng and have a reasonable toolkit, but what an akward place to get to, thought someone may have made up a tool for the job, or mods to access it easier?

Hella stuff is relatively easy to get if you can find your local distributor. Be aware though, that they do a retail (unit) price for a boxed item, and a 'bulk' price that your distributor may be able to get you a unit for (comes without any fancy packaging). Luckily, I was able to get the latter - they ordered a unit in at bulk price! Roughly half the price - and I still paid £60+!!

I think the spotlights are the same as the existing main beams, in which case the following link is by far the best price I could find for a pair.

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/prod/90mm-headlights.html

(without the marker light required - and these are the H& bulbs - which I have - not the H1).

As already said, you might need the mounting frames (same page), and I would also recommend buying the rubber 'boots' that don't come with the main unit.

Wiring is then yet another 'interesting' problem.

Archived