The price of diesel

nightrider

Seems to be a huge variation in prices of late depending on where you are. Locally to us diesel is about 123/4p - petrol a few pence cheaper but not by much.

Travelled to Brighton on Sunday taking a lovely old pine wardrobe to my sons place in the trailer so I filled up with LPG here @63.9p/litre (which is expensive as a few miles away they sell it for 61.9p) but when topping up in Brighton for the journey home it was 68.9p/litre!! >:-( - That is a whopping 11.3% more expensive than the cheapest I can get it at home and 7.8% more expensive than my local garage - that I grumble at because it is 2p a litre more expensive than elsewhere.

So I did not fill up in Brighton - just £15 top up and will fill up later today at more reasonable price.

Cannot see why there is such huge variation in fuel prices.

Use Asda stores as they are supposed to have a national price (or so I was told), so as it is £118.9 (last checked when we filled up prior to last Thursday been away since) here then it should be the same all over.

Bas

Guest Tracker

Asda diesel here is 118.9 and Tesco 119.9 with the local independants ranging from 121.9 to 124.9 per litre.

With an Asda credit card you get 1p per litre off at the pump and with Tesco you get 1.2 clubcard points worth 1.2p per litre in vouchers every few months.

Archived