Tom Tom map update

John Francis Ware

Hi John

We have been looking into changing our TT, which is a very early one. (TOM Tom Go 300) There seems to be some problems with downloading on to the lastest Tt, so we are still undecided, as to which model to change to.I wopuld say that if yours works OK, stick with it, and buy the new map, and wait untill the problems are sorted, which I think that is what we are going to do. One thing we have found that the lastest maps. are never completely up to date, in Europe, as they all seem to be spending money on new roads, (probably at our expense) , so always have a good paper mat to hand

Pauline

Guest Tracker
You may well find that even an update to the 'latest' maps is a year or two out of date and we have found that even with five year old maps it ain't hard to work out where the roads go if they have changed - and even if you go wrong the sat nav aided by a decent road atlas will soon get you back on the right road - so personally I would not bother with an update for a few more years yet?

If you are considering updating, I would strongly suggest you connect your TT via TomTom Home and then use 'Add Maps'.

I also have a GO700, and this method offers me an upgrade to the latest maps (discounted) AND a 1year (4 map) update subscription for a total of £71.60, only slightly more than the one-off purchase of a single map (£69.95).

May not work for you, but I suspect it will.

HTH

I would also stick with your TT, we have a GO720 that with the latest Navcore and maps works no differently to and has exactly the same look and routing facilities as our friends GO950.

Robinhoods comment re Home is important as if you have not upgraded (free) to the latest Navcore recently you will not be offered the latest maps with the latest features as they need the latest Navcore to operate e.g. ALG and IQ Routes

Not sure what the earlier comment from PJay re problems with map downloading are about, perhaps PJ would enlarge on the comment as I would be interested in knowing what the 'problems' are. We have the latest map, using the update service already mentioned ad it was/is perfect. The download was same as usual with no hick ups. The only change, that is not really a problem but a change, is that the new maps don't support the old 'Favourites' and so you need to transfer them to POI's before changing to the new mapping or you will lose them but this is documented on the Tom Tom website.

Bas

Archived