ferry crossing

carioca

Guest peter
carioca - 2010-04-27 10:59 PM

just booked a ferry to calais £75.60 return in august i think its a very good price (lol) (lol)

That's a good price. Who'se it with and from where to where?

Nice deal Adrian - especially for high season, without booking at Christmas! Do you do the run from Cumbria in one go, or stop over on the way down?

(Totally off-thread bit of reminiscence - ignore if your prefer)

When we lived up there (further out, in Millom) we used to book an early morning ferry (say Sunday), get off in the evening (Friday), stay over somewhere in Lancs, then head down to the channel (more often one of the Brit Ferries ports) and sleep over in the ferry queue. They used to let you do that "back in the day," and even sent someone round to knock on your door in the morning in time for early loading!

Paying a lot more for May 30th-June 14th crossings-BUT ferries are at sensible times and van is 7.04 metres.

Costs are based on supply & demand, a fact that Sea France are only too aware of.Can only assume you have a van thats under 6.5m and you are travelling off peak times and days.

Have a good holiday.

Tony Jones - 2010-04-28 7:09 PM

Nice deal Adrian - especially for high season, without booking at Christmas! Do you do the run from Cumbria in one go, or stop over on the way down?

(Totally off-thread bit of reminiscence - ignore if your prefer)

When we lived up there (further out, in Millom) we used to book an early morning ferry (say Sunday), get off in the evening (Friday), stay over somewhere in Lancs, then head down to the channel (more often one of the Brit Ferries ports) and sleep over in the ferry queue. They used to let you do that "back in the day," and even sent someone round to knock on your door in the morning in time for early loading!

hi tony we do the run in a oner thats why its afternoon out & find a aire in france & sleep at port on last night early crossing back & long haul home in a oner again thats the price you pay for living in the rainy lake district :-(

rossifan - 2010-04-28 10:58 PM

Paying a lot more for May 30th-June 14th crossings-BUT ferries are at sensible times and van is 7.04 metres.

Costs are based on supply & demand, a fact that Sea France are only too aware of.Can only assume you have a van thats under 6.5m and you are travelling off peak times and days.

Have a good holiday.

hi rossifan

van is 6.5m x 3m times just suit us best see above reply

"rossifan" must refer to valentino does it? if it does i'll do my best to pass on your regards at silverstone & assen (lol) (lol)

rossifan - 2010-04-28 10:58 PM

Have a good holiday.

We have crossings booked at similar dates (slap bang in the middle out) also first week in September for £54 return both times, at sensible for us times of the day i.e. 1400 out and 0900 return at the weekend. Van is 7m length and 3m high. So it seems maybe you just have to look a bit more carefully!

Bas

Out 14th May back 15th July £387.00!!! But from portsmouth ( 5mins from home)To Caen back Cherboroug (Fast Cat) Goimg tp Spain/Portugal, so not worth the extra cost of Fuel to Dover, and back across N France , both ways.

PJay

nowtelse2do - 2010-05-01 11:13 AM

Booked with Sea France in January for Sunday crossing 8.30ish am August, return early Sep 11.30ish am Friday, £36.00p.

Had to update new reg for fresh motor, no charge,

Dave

Good for you Dave, pro rata that beats mine, which at £23 is my all time low, or high depending on how you look at it :D Martyn

Archived