We're off again - work this time!

Tony Jones

We're off tomorrow to Plymouth, for the annual national Baptist Assembly. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it ... :-D

Camping at Riverside Caravan Site.

(The local authority would've let us stay on the Park & Ride, but (a) there wouldn't be any P&R buses on the Sunday and (b) "Monty" (of the Forum) kindly checked it out and established that there's no water tap anywhere around it.)

Nope, just my main vehicle - so yes, it's often parked at the Crematorium!

(Btw, on the way to Plymouth we passed one of those amazing biker hearses - a motorbike with a sidecar built to carry a coffin. It wasn't in use though, just being towed on a trailer by the hire firm's van.

But it does make me think - maybe there's a market for a motorhomers' hearse? It'd probably need to be one with a fixed rear bed for the coffin, and probably more than the usual windows around the rear end - and all in black of course. Wouldn't need a cooker or shower room. Anyone see a business opportunity here?)

But of course, old motorhomers never die, they just leave the sight!

No, it could be an AutoSLEEPER.

Personally, convinced as I am that there's an even fuller life waiting for me after death, "Horizons Unlimited" would be most appropriate then as now!

But I can't see it being a Rapido!

(For those more into the ritual of worship, what about going really upmarket, to a Kneesman and Bishop?)

Archived