confused re which motorhome

kay

We are about to invest in our 1st motorhome. We are getting very confused between the swift lifestyle 590RL, the swift suntor 590RL and the swift sundance 590RL, they all seem to be the same, is this correct? This is the layout we would like. Look forward to hearing from anyone. I am new to the forum.

Guest Tracker
Welcome to the forum Kay - what year (or years) van are you looking at as no doubt one of us, not me, will have had one or other of these model and make of vans and can tell you more?

kay - 2010-04-30 2:22 PM

We are about to invest in our 1st motorhome. We are getting very confused between the swift lifestyle 590RL, the swift suntor 590RL and the swift sundance 590RL, they all seem to be the same, is this correct? This is the layout we would like. Look forward to hearing from anyone. I am new to the forum.

Hi Kay - welcome to the mad house. :-D

They are all the same ... just different! :D

The Sundance 590RL is the standard model from Swift, the Lifestyle 590RL I think was a Marquis special edition version, the Swift Suntor 590RL is the Brownhills special edition. The dealers basically had a 'deal' with Swift to supply to their specific requirements and often it meant you got a bit more kit and special decals/upholstery etc.

Basically the dealer special edition ones will probably have an odd tweak such as different upholstery, colour of cookers, or extra kit may have been included which, if you'd bought the 'standard' model, you'd have to pay extra for. You need to check exactly the spec/what you get with each one and weigh up if you need it or not, and what extra cost, if any, is being asked because it's got it. Also check what engines they've got as these can differ too.

I would advise you to have a good look around various places and really get to know what's out there as there are a lot of motorhomes with similar layouts to these ones which may appeal too - don't jump at the first ones you see.

Make a list of what you want/need/don't need and then use this to check against any motorhomes you see, it will help you to make your decision - happy hunting!

Hi Kay & welcome to the forum.

As well as the Swift 590RL & the variations depending on which dealer options included. Swift also produced equivelent models under the Bessacarr & Ace badges.

Usually the BESSACARR 425 or 460 (? not sure) was higher specification & the ACE NAPOLI was equivelent to the standard Swift Sundance, but normally would not have dealer specified options.

Hope this expands your understanding, rather than adding to the confusion. But gives you a wider search range for model choice.

Thanks for prompt replies. Thats really helpful. We have been to the national motorhome show and seen hundreds and didnt realise how many different layouts there is. We still prefer the L shape lounge, although I know it compromises in storage.

Hi Kay

Regarding the model you are looking for, I think production stopped in 2006 when the new Fiat base vehicle was introduced. There may be some 2007 registered models out there.

The other thing to look out for is the size of engine, the “standard” offering was the 2.0litre JDT 84bhp, factory options were also the 2.3litre & the 2.8litre.

A sample of each base model for comparison.

Ace Napoli

http://www.tynevalleymotorhomes.com/ace/ace-napoli

Bessacarr 425

http://www.brownhills.co.uk/motorhomes/used/15632_Fiat-Bessacarr-E425-2.3-JTD--2300--used-motorhome.aspx

Swift Lifestyle 590RL

http://www.marquismotorhomes.co.uk/used-Motorhomes/used-model/Properties/make-SWIFT/berths-2/price-0/model-0/fuel-0/type-0/order-0/per-20/page-0/modelno-8967

Archived