In car (or rather MH) dvd player

RogP

bit stumped on what to do on this.

Son and heir has a in car dvd player which keeps him quiet and happy on long journeys.

However in the MH there's no where for me to secure the screen , it usually straps to the head rest of the front seat , but with the MH , from his seat in the dinnette area , he wouldn't be able to see the screen (strapped to the drivers seat).

So the options are for him to hold the screen but its a bit too heavy and not really ideal. I've considered some kind of bracket but again there's no real fixing point to gain any benefit from.

I've thought about some kind of suction mount but I cant find anything suitable or strong enough to hold the screen weight of the dinnette window.

My next thoughts are a media player like the Archos 5 or 7 which are a lot lighter and possibly could hold up on a suction mount (if I could find one).

Or maybe an ipod type thingy he could hold (not ideal) or I know I could get a suction mount for , but the screens a tiny and I dont want him ruining his eyes (contradiction there I guess!!!). Plus theres then how do I get his favourity dvds onto them - holidays would unbearable if he couldn't get his fix of Ben 10 , Scoobydoo , Alvin and the Chipmonks , Shrek..blah blah blah.

Does anyone have any other solutions , we remove the table while traveling (on the safetly level but also with his car seat there's no room to get legs underneath) so there's no option there to fix a bracket.

Dont get me wrong I'd rather he didn't spend hours watching telly but there's only so much i-spy you can do on a motorway with a 4 year old...(ispy something coloured silver....CAR.....ispy something coloured green...car...no son that one was a tree.....).

any ideas welcome or how other cope with young kids on long journeys.

(you know I've no idea how I used to manage aged 2 , 3 or 4, my mom used to take us down to Tenby every holiday , a journey then of 5 or 6 hours a car radio was a luxury let alone in car DVD players).

Archived