Battery visual monitor for 2001 Duetto

JENIAN

Thinking of buying a 'Battery Master' from Van Bitz, to keep the engine battery topped up from the leisure battery. I would also like to see how the batteries are performing by means of a visual display. I am also having fitted a second leisure battery to match the 1st, 85amp. Plus a small roof fitted mono crystaline solar panel, 40 watts . We tour France and Germany and use the aires and stellplatz most of the time. When in the UK we use CL's and CS's with occasional use of main campsites for topping up the batteries etc etc.

Any info/advice would would be good. Thank you, Ian.

There may be room for a larger solar panel than 40 watts on a Duetto as there is a surprisingly large space at the rear of the van. The second battery is a good idea but you may need to get 2 matching batteries depending how old your existing 85 watt Varta is as you don't want the old battery dragging down the new.

I had a Battery Master on mine and it was an excellent accessory negating the need to charge up the engine battery when the vehicle was left standing for long periods.

Guest Tracker
Sounds good to me but I would go for the biggest solar panel that you can either justify paying for or that the roof has space for so that you get some worthwhile cahrge of a poor sunlight day - as in a typical UK summer's day!

Hi, just to add to above posts you have not mentined why you want a Battery Master, so my question would be ..Do you need to keep your engine battery topped up as normally when on the road there is no need. When storing if you are at home you could use a couple of trickle chargers or the hook up on board charger and the battery master, If laying up away from power then yes they serve a purpose.

Mike88, where did Varta 85Ah come from, Varta do not make an 85Ah?

Have I missed something here!

Jon.

edit, too many 8's

Mike88 - 2010-05-01 9:33 AM

Brambles/Jon. My 2002 Duetto had the original 85 A/h battery and I'm 99% sure it was badged Varta.

I sold the vehicle last year so cannot check.

I am 1% sure it cannot have been. So between us we are 100% correct!!!! :->

Archived